Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'll try that. I cleaned everything in a white vinegar/water mix yesterday because I had developed a sore throat while on vacation and it had been a while on the mask headgear...or it could have been something else...probably Las Vegas smoke.  Dodgy

Yesterday I got a rubber CPAP mat for accidental water spillage. The mat is awesome btw. I was reading on the forum and a woman had recommended it called CPAPology Black Knight Protector(standard size best for the ResMed. )

I'll mess with the water tank seating and check to see if that's what was causing the 'popping or knocking sound' when inhaling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything looks good.  Are you feeling better this morning?  It will probably take a couple days to get back to normal.  

I don't remember if we've tried EPR 3, but since I don't see much in the way of CA's, you can try it to help with Flow Limitations.  

If your comfortable though, leave things as they are.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the water tank was fine. I then checked the heated hose and it wasn't pushed in all the way. (I noticed when I put it back in yesterday after cleaning it, the machine didn't light up and accept/confirm the climate hose. I thought nothing of it)So I went ahead and pushed it all the way in and it "clicked" and then the machine lit up. That had to of been the problem.  Coffee

Thanks Opal! It was humidity related.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Opal, you were replying and I was posting. 

I feel better today although I was interupted and had to stop therapy at 230 AM. Not knowing what it was or how to fix the knocking, I turned it off and fell back asleep to get in an hour or so more of sleep. I don't like doing that but I had no choice. 

Yes, we tried EPR 3. My CA's were crazy high(for me) so you lowered to 2. Would you like to move back to 3?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2021, 07:20 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Yes, we tried EPR 3. My CA's were crazy high(for me) so you lowered to 2. Would you like to move back to 3?

Well, we don't want crazy CA's, but you can "experiment" with EPR 3. If it causes issues, move it back to EPR 2.

Usually if we increase EPR, then a slight increase in minimum pressure might be needed if OA's increase. In all honesty though, your chart looks good and if you're sleeping well, leave things be.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok sounds good. When I mean 'crazy high' on CA's it was just for me. My CA's are normally non existent and with the EPR on 3 I was getting clusters of them which alarmed me a little. 

Am I correct in saying that EPR is best if you arent using it? I thought I had read that either you or Dave or someone else has mentioned before to turn it off. 

For now, I'll leave things alone and continue on my EPR 2 unless my chart starts to act up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using EPR depends a lot on the therapy results.

EPR can relieve Aerophagia, lower Flow Limitation and Hypopneas... but can also cause CA's to increase.

I think for now, your settings are good.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Although it's marketed primarily for comfort on the Autoset, EPR basically turns your APAP into a mini bilevel machine (in some very limited ways). It definitely has its uses but it also has drawbacks depending on the case. It can be great for hypopneas and flow restrictions, but it can also sometimes increase centrals so it can be a balancing act. If you're comfortable and generally stable on EPR 2, then stay with it. If it ain't broken and so on!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much! Yes I’m
comfortable…now to heal the jet lag  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 87 3 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,092 10 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 232 Today, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 384 Today, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,370 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 603 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 495 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.