Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
I think the suggested drop of EPR was to get CA to drop, which they did. IMO leave it as is about another week or so and if you want to try EPR 3 again, maybe your body will have adjusted to PAP by then.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks Dave!  Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
Btw, Kudos to Opal who has been patiently checking on me and been a huge support since joining the board. She deserves huge props!
Thank you Opal and to everyone who has been a ‘regular’ with the overly present Rice95
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and don't worry about the length of the thread. I have several very long ones due to the overly complex treatment needs I've got.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave! I try to be short and sweet but sometimes I end up telling my life story in the middle of a therapy question lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee

I now know why I will always need the experts here...a chart never stays the same, life never stays the same either and your reports are always a surprise! 

Last night before bed my heated hose was knocking again. I have determined after several investigations and tests that it has a hole in it somewhere. I pulled out my old generic Philips hose and it was fine. I am returning the ResMed heated hose to Amazon and I plan on purchasing directly from a certified supplier. 

I also had insomnia last night for an hour, hence me sleeping for over 8 hours of which I never do. The last 2 nights I have taken small doses of melatonin because of the jet lag. Last night I decided to get myself back on track with no melatonin. How long does jet lag recovery supposed to take going from Pacific back to CT? We were only there a week.  Blink

Now my chart. I had 2 simultaneous clusters of OA and Hypops and I believe they are back sleeping culprits. I will let the experts decide. 

Blessings

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
with FL Limit visible now

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely chin tucking.  You can tuck your chin to your chest regardless if on back or side.  

No pressure change will help with that.  Of course you know that.  Rolleyes

The FL is high and looks like it's driving your pressure to the max set.  An EPR setting of 3 might help, but you'll have to work on the positional issue too.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal. I felt like my collar was really snug last night. Even before bed I was wondering if it was a little 'too snug'

This is definitely a deviation from the last few nights where I was not having any positional issues.  Oh-jeez

I do remember waking up on my back though in the middle of the night. My pillow is very flat too. One thing for sure is that I am way better off than I would have been if I had not have discovered this forum and the highly skilled experts such as yourself. My doctor said "see you in a year" after my last of 4 mandatory 80 dollar visits back in February.  Annoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
If the data happens to be far different than your norm, I'd not worry about it too much. Action is needed when negative trends begin. Secondly, action is needed if sleep, well rested state, and comfort disappear.

Just note that if I've not explained the teeter-totter action you get when CA are involved, here goes. Low pressure, EPR, etc. typically make CA low. On the opposite side of your Apnea teeter-totter is Obstructive events and flow limits that need higher pressure and EPR, and this is an opposing action to Centrals in order to lower any Obstructive. So pushing either side down will almost always make the opposing side go up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 839 3 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.