Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Well-done

Thanks for posting!

I occasionally use an eye mask unless my claustrophobia takes over....   Unsure
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal!

Have a great day. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
whoops

here's the chart

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just that small snafu around 2:30, but overall looks good!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning! Coffee

Before you read the chart, I went to the bathroom around 11:15, then I was awake for a little while feeling overwhelmed by the mask---trying to catch my breath, unable to relax etc. I removed it for a second to take a deep breath and then put it back right away.  I don't think this would have happened had I not been awakened to go to the bathroom. I toughed it out and began to relax and then fell asleep. I really think all those parties of apneas were a cause of my disruption. My chart still wasn't perfect later into the night, but I have to blame that mess around 11:15 a result of my discomfort, but I would like your thoughts as well. 

I feel very very rested this morning. I think I am starting to get back into the swing of things with my schedule. I have been taking 1 mg of melatonin the last 2 nights because I have been tending to wake up in the middle of the night and this has given me so much relief of that insomnia.  I have read that doses from .5 to 1 are safe. 
It is when you are intaking doses that far exceed your natural melatonin release that it becomes detrimental. I feel very rested, more than I have ever felt. Since adding the eye mask and melatonin and steady schedule, things have improved with sleeping without waking up near as much.

The CPAP is the real winner here. I'm so glad I have started therapy and have been able to stay with it. 

Blessings

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hang in there. Looks like you had another cluster of apnea's around 2:00am. You must have slept through that.

I think both of those clusters were due to positional (chin tucking). You can see on your graph where both times, the FL pushed your pressure up to the max setting to try and compensate. During other times of the night, the FL stayed pretty low.

I think you were having issues with you mask moving. Hold steady with theses settings for awhile. Hopefully this will settle down.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
ok thanks Opal. This is a deviation of my recent charts. I don't know why some nights all of the sudden I have all these crazy clusters. 
It seems that right before I was about to pull the plug to head to the bathroom, I started to have that first cluster. I'm not sure if that is what caused the onslaught of apneas. I was trying to put it off and see if I could sleep through it and go to the bathroom later. 

I feel the collar is definitely tight. Maybe I was on my back ? Dont-know

I just want to get back to into the 1's and 2's consistently.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were beginning to wake at the time of those clusters, this could be SWJ, that sleep wake junk stuff caused by uneven handoff from sleep to wake breath control.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes sir I think that could have been it, although I had another one later when I was asleep. Opal thought it looked positional.  

Let’s call it ‘A Positional SWJ Party’ All apneas are  invited!  Coffee

RSVP before bedtime to Rice, Dave and Opal
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 816 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.