Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
(07-03-2021, 04:41 PM)Rice95 Wrote: Let’s call it ‘A Positional SWJ Party’ All apneas are  invited!  Coffee

That's hysterical, but true.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning my friends  

This is the worst chart so far.  Sad

My sleep was not good last night. I can tell you with confidence I was in and out of sleep from 1:45-4:00 after heading to the bathroom. I don't think I would have awakened had it not been for that. 

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Happy Monday everyone!  Coffee

Compared to yesterday's chart(Saturday)today's chart is a little better but still lots of HYPOPS.

What do you think is happening here?

Blessings

Chart attached

Post Reply Post Reply
Some positional apnea, but not too bad.

I am concerned about the high FL though and we are using the highest EPR. How are you sleeping?

Let's try moving your minimum pressure up just a little... try 9.2cm and bring the max pressure down to 11.4
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok will do on the new settings.  Thanks

Last night was much better on the sleeping. I didn't have to get up and I slept straight through the night. I feel rested. I ran this morning too. 

I am still taking 1mg melatonin because of waking in the middle of the night. It is definitely working. If I make sure I don't drink liquids too close to bedtime I don't even wake up which is good for solid sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, just was wondering, because the FL are high, but you don't seem to be bothered by it, so that's a good thing.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
You are referring to the apneas and the pressure response to them right?
Post Reply Post Reply
The FL is pushing the pressure up to the max setting.

I think we need to start inching up the minimum pressure slowly (due to not wanting to aggravate Aerophagia), until we reach 10cm. Move it up .2 every couple nights and observe.

You were using 10cm in Cpap mode on the DS, so we may end up close to that.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good. I’ll bump up the minimum to 9.2 and move the max down to 11.4  and post tomorrow. Thank you so much Opal!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning!  Coffee

The numbers got a little worse since the machine tweak.  I think these clusters look positional-----am I correct in this assumption? 

I am wearing the collar every night and it is snug. The only thing I can think is that I am on my back at some point. I woke up once or twice with a very dry mouth, but it wasn't the entire night---- It's  because my mouth is open, but it's always open from beginning to end of sleep. Humidity still the same. 

Would my mouth open more on my back than on my side? I'm trying to pinpoint this positional problem that comes and goes.

No aerophagia today. 

-Blessings   Coffee

Chart attached

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 69 9 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 1,004 10 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,335 11 hours ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 595 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 492 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 572 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 817 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.