Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Yes, the clusters are positional. The first part of the night is good.
I suspect you are rolling over on your back and still tucking your chin.

I'm glad the Aerophagia settled down. I would be recommending to keep inching the minimum pressure up a bit, but that's not going to help with Obstructives when it's mostly positional.

I also can't figure out why you don't respond to the use of EPR, as that should help with FL.

Onward> maybe I can get someone else to take a look.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Opal, that would be great. How is my FL supposed to look exactly?

In the meantime, I'll try pulling out the pillows again for roll over prevention. I haven't used them in a while because there were nights there were no positional issues showing up. The collar is snug. Maybe my chin is somehow drooping still ? I'm worried about going tighter. Presently I can stick 3 fingers between my neck and the collar, but of course the foam is flexible. It can be quite confining with it too tight. There were nights I closed it tighter and had good results. I think I have a phobia of it being too tight. 

Yes I would like answers to my FL issue and EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't recommend the collar being tight.  Maybe you need a different style collar... Dont-know
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There has to be a one size fits all out there …but aren’t all of them ? :-/

So you are convinced my chin is dropping ?
Post Reply Post Reply
When we see clusters like the ones on your chart, it's normally a positional issue, whether on your back or side. You've had this problem since day 1 even when using the DreamStation.

I really feel unless you can find a way not to obstruct your airway, that pressure changes won't have much of an impact. I was however hoping that EPR 3 would tame the Flow Limitations. The FL may still be high due to the positional apnea.

One size fits all collar doesn't always work. Measure the circumference of your neck and add 3 inches. Measure the bottom of your chin to the top of neck. If you check Amazon, they sell many different sizes and styles.
It's also possible that the collar is too soft where your chin rests and gives too much.

I asked Gideon to stop by and take a look.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Opal asked me to review this thread, the ResMed portion.  I've been following it since late June when I got back from vacation loosely. I pretty much agree with everything Dave and Opal have said BUT.

The clusters have been mostly where the flow rate curve looks extra grassy and is obscured by the cluster.  I'm thinking the clusters are signaling arousals and may not be, in this case, the position Al apnea that it typically indicated
  1. Please post a 5 minute view, in addition to the full night view you have been posting, showing the transition into the cluster. 
  2. Post a full night view including events, flow rate, and Tidal Volume (helps to I'd awake breathing
  3. Do all 3 views when a cluster is present for a while
I do not disagree with the choice of using a collar, but

If this is the case you may be able to ditch the collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Gideon 

Are you saying to zoom into the 5 minute window before the apnea cluster in the FL rate graph ? I wasn’t sure what you were asking. :-) 

I will also add the Tidal graph along with the ones I’ve been showing and continue that for a few days. I think I understand you on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to see a 5 minute segment including some of your normal breathing and some of the breathing during the cluster
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. I’m away from the house but I’ll be back later this afternoon and I’ll post a a still shot of a section of normal breathing and one during the cluster. Which graph do I zoom in on ? The Fl rate graph ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, post the FL graph.  
" .... a 5 minute segment including some of your normal breathing and some of the breathing during the cluster"

Also, post what Gideon says here:

1.  Please post a 5 minute view, in addition to the full night view you have been posting, showing the transition into the cluster.

2.  Post a full night view including events, flow rate, and Tidal Volume (helps to I'd awake breathing.

3. Do all 3 views when a cluster is present for a while.

Now you have homework.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.