Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Good morning!  Coffee

I wore the collar where chin was not going to have a chance to slip in this time considering the last session was confirmed positional. 

It was more snug than I'm used too but I was able to sleep fine. I didn't sleep my full 7 hours, but I'll nap maybe 1/2 an hour later. 

Only one hypop and one RERA cluster. I'm hoping it isn't a positional  Sad If it is, then I have no idea what I'm doing to cause it. I can't go any tighter on the collar. 

Thank you guys for all you do for me and for this great group of people on this forum. 

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Tidal volume in attached chart if needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Finally a Zoom of my Fl with normal breathing and then the HYPOP cluster

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rice95,
Thanks for posting your graphs.  I don't really know what Gideon is looking at with the Tidal Volume chart, so will wait for him to swing around and take a look.

Just looking at your daily view, yes the Hypopneas around the first part of the night look positional, but it's still an improvement.  The Obstructives are down, so that's good.

So the age old question... did you sleep well and how do you feel when you wake?  So if you don't feel like a truck hit you, I'd say your doing good.  Smile

How's your shoulder?  That may play into how your able to sleep, so give it some time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much Opal Rose for the words of encouragement. 

I feel really good whenever I wake up… very well rested. Usually at 2:00 I need a power nap ..maybe 10 min, then I feel great. 

What is frustrating me is how hard I work for some of the numbers I have had before, and then they aren’t where I want them. Dave  said numbers between 1-3 are acceptable. I have to hang my hat on that and let it go when I’m doing all I can. I made sure my chin was firmly over the collar before bed. Where I’m getting these positional issues is a frustrating mystery. I thought today I’d wake up below 1 because the collar was on point. 

I have adhesive captulitis…better known as frozen shoulder. It is unable to move beyond certain points without tremendous pain. 
I’m in physical therapy for this now. 

When I sleep on my left side I am restricted to one semi-comfortable position where there is no pain , but my arm has to be angled funny and it works for a while then I have to turn over …

I’ll be interested in what Gideon has to say about last night too. 

Blessings 
-Mark 
PS , I donated to the forum. You guys deserve a salary for heavens sake.
Post Reply Post Reply
My take is just a basic view on how it looks. Several Hypopnea, so likely to be clusters, but unknown exactly why unless the collar isn't doing 100%, but enough to get most. I guess you'd have to decide if that's good enough. In part, how you feel will tell us the grade on that aspect.

If however the Hypopnea are not clustering, then seeing this including some shaggy grass look in your flow limits, it might be that you need a bit higher Min pressure. But again, it circles to if these were positional caused, then any pressure increase is likely in vain.

Just a BTW, had you ever did any research on the Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar? Maybe the collar you have isn't doing as good as you'd like. AB member Aludj had a severe case of positional Apnea and this Corflex Ultra fixed it immediately if I remember correctly. I myself have not used any, so I can't speak about comfort or etc. Just some ammo and hope it helps.

PS see this review onsite by Aludj
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...tra+collar
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave! I will try this collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, keep at it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using tidal volume because I couldn't make out the breathing pattern at full night view and the chart was covered by events. Tidal volume would give a good idea of awake vs sleep breathing pattern.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon 
I posted last night’s charts as well. I was wondering if positional is still the issue. 
I did the same as yesterday
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 151 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 249 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,333 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 951 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 802 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.