Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
You are still having positional issues but at a much lower level. Figure each cluster represents an arousal, the question to you is --- Is this good enough?
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered a different collar to try that Dave sent to me. We’ll see if that improves the positional issues. It’s been up and down hit and miss for me with the positional apneas.
Some days below 1, some days as much as the high 3’s. For whatever reason it’s extremely inconsistent. 

It’s never really ‘good enough’ because I’m a perfectionist but you can’t chase numbers or you’ll never be truly happy and it’s never going to be completely eliminated. Dave said numbers between 1-3 are acceptable. Hopefully the new collar will bring it down. If not, I’m doing all I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rice95,
The fact that you sleep well and feel good during the day is a plus.  Your numbers are in a good range.

Here's something to try... when you wake each morning and before getting out of bed, or looking at data.... ask yourself how you feel.   Do this before looking at your AHI.

What I'm saying is your AHI number doesn't always correspond with how you feel.

But I am glad you are going to try a different collar. They are like masks... one size does not fit all.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal!! 
I’ll give it a try tomorrow morning. 
First thing I want to do is rip out my card and slap it into the lap top and see how I did    Coffee  

Uh boy I need to chill!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Make that the second thing.

First Write down how you feel, you don't have to show it to anyone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to both of you. I’m not staying up late tonight to watch baseball this time. We’re currently losing. I’ll check the score tomorrow morning , feed the dogs , run and then check how my night was  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a plan.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning!  Coffee

This morning I asked myself how I felt. I feel rested. I don't feel foggy or "Man I'll need a nap later for sure"

I was awake around 1:30 for a few minutes---maybe 20 minutes? I was uncomfortable and a little warm. 

I've been sleeping on a really lousy bed for the last year. I'm too tall for the bed length and there are no box springs , and the mattress offers no support. I have had great numbers on it before, so I can't say its all the bed's fault. 
Long story on why I am on this bed, but within the next 3 months I'll be no a brand new NICE bed. 

After feeding the dogs, , stretching and a good workout, checking the game score(we won :-) I checked my Oscar.

My numbers are the worst I've had in a while. Positional apneas galore. I didn't wear the collar as tight because it just felt too uncomfortable, and I think I suffered for it. The night before last I was in the 2's because the collar was much more snug. The new collar won't arrive for a week, so I'll be doing my best with the one I have now. Hopefully it will be better. I just want my numbers consistently in the 1-3 range.. I don't remember the last time I had numbers in the 1's    Sad

Blessings to everyone

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Comparing your post to mine and shaking my head...I don't know what to think anymore.

Looking at your posts....I think that minor changes disrupt our treatment.  I wondered first if you get enough sleep.

and when you are asleep, you confirm you are getting positional apneas.

When I was a young lad--a baby engineer--Jack Brooks was my manager. He taught me to ask simple questions. Amazing man. 3M Canada.  He became a VP. Jack's suggestions--

Got a problem?
If so, did it ever work?
If it did work, then what has changed?

Comparing my post
I feel like crap.
I got almost 8 hours sleep
My AHI is so much lower than you

I have severe sleep apnea.  I have restless leg syndrome.

I don't know anymore....

time for me to meditate.  Time for some Zen....
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL

I second that. I’m hoping the new collar I ordered will work better.  With the current one I practically have to glue it to my neck to get the AHI to go down. 
I’m usually between 1-3 on good days. Rarely under 1, but that has happened only 2 or 3 times. 

Most of my apneas are positional. If I had a solution that worked every time I’d be set. The problem is with sleep , so many things govern the turn out …mood, consistent bed time, life issues, diet, illnesses,  medication, etc…but with positional apnea , that can be rectified! How? 
If I knew I’d have it marketed, patented and I’d have people working for me. 
I’m super frustrated but as the experts have pointed out it’s how you feel that really matters. If you’re wearing the dang mask, following setting recommendations,  getting your 7-8 hours every night etc… you are doing all you can do. But if your AHI is low and you feel like garbage as in your case, that baffles me. There could be other issues that are causing it. Ever had your thyroid tested? If you have untreated hypothyroidism, you’ll be tired all the time. 
Just an example…too much sugar or carbs? Eat before bedtime? 

Best to you my friend 
Let’s get this figured out!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 967 3 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 8 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.