Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
For that problem the Ortho gave me a steroid shot that made it feel a lot better. Before that I did the therapy thing, it helped my range of motion but not enough. My doc was considering a surgical solution, the Ortho was to avoid surgery. The ultrasound originally said a tear the Ortho disagreed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon 

I met with my ortho and he is pretty sure it’s frozen shoulder. He’ll investigate further if my  PT fails. It’s my non dominant arm which is odd.  I have aprox 3 weeks of therapy headed my way twice a week.  My son is a high school lefty pitcher and he’s going in for some arm issues , so we just go in together. 
I’m a pretty active 55 year old, but I’m still 55 and I need to ease into this therapy he said. Nothing too aggressive or it could get worse. Worst case scenerio a tear but unlikely because it’s my non dominant arm
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had FS in each of my shoulders, at different times. I've never had a cortisone shot, nor have I had an operation.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Prior to my left shoulder scope, I had 2 or 3 shots. Lasted about a week. About the same as the epidural lumbar injections for extreme pain. Good for a few days.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My surgeon took me along the full path. Physio. Stronger and stronger drugs. Next step: surgery. I ran away. Worked it out with a chiropractor's help. Took quite a while.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I ran the full gauntlet for the back, multiple PT sessions, epidural injections, TENS, hot and cold packs, nerve ablation, and many pain pills oxycodone etc, none of these did anything. Finally got the spinal cord stimulator implant. Old sparky did the trick.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rice95 My surgeon reached the point where she said she didn't know if I had a torn rotator cuff. Next step was surgery. That's why I ran. Took 6 months for the chiropractor to get it right. I'd never been to a chiropractor before.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the interaction Daves !

Session went great. He did a lot of terrible things to me but I’m gonna get better. I’m in between moderate and severe. There’s a light I can already see. Gotta stay on it at home and spread out the sessions.
Post Reply Post Reply
A family friend once told me PT stands for Pain & Torture.
Post Reply Post Reply
Too-funny So true !!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 967 3 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 8 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.