Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Good Morning!  Coffee

Session 1 of 4 PT just completed for my shoulder and I've run a mile!

I've been good about holding off on reading my AHI until after I'm back from exercising. Cool

Last night I was awake between 1:30 and 2:00 or a little after 2 if I remember. I felt like I was suffocating a little. I lifted up the eye mask and then ultimately the cpap mask to take a few breaths. Normally I don't have issues like that. If I was asleep I wouldn't have noticed that.  Having an eye mask in conjunction with the cpap mask and collar around your neck ...that's a lot of stuff on the face. Blink 

I toughed it out and tried to take some deep breaths and catch my breath inside the mask. Once I was able to do that I started to relax.

Numbers are much better today. I thought they would be awful. 

I'd love some feedback on what you see. I made more of a mental note of staying on my side. Investing in a special body pillow would help I'll bet. 

Have a blessed Saturday!

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Rice95 I use one of those bean filled pillows. When i broke my left shoulder it kept me from rolling over on it. Bought it at bed bath and beyond. Worth its weight in gold.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking better.  The body pillow should help your shoulder and from rolling over onto your back.  

Are you starting to see that Sleep Apnea is expensive?  Not just the machine itself, but bed pillows, soft cervical collars, hose lift systems, eye mask, and not to mention a drawer full of masks that don't quite work out.... Too-funny
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah for sure Opal! It’s a money pit! 
You have to pay to sleep? Come on!  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Bet you don't have a hospital bed yet like I do. I think the only thing I'm missing is the beeping heart monitor and a nurse to check in on me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Too-funny  You’re cracking me up Dave! STAAAP it!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dielaughing

Ok now I know I’m gonna have rows of laughing hypopneas tonight !
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning  Coffee

I've made an effort of a large pillow on my side rather than a throw pillow, although I do have a throw pillow between my knees that has coincided with some of my better days when I do that. 

My positional apneas were restricted to one time frame I noticed. At 1:30 I woke up, looked at the clock, and I was on my back. I made that mental note. Case in point the clusters began to rain before and around that time.

I am happy with numbers in the 2's or lower.  I feel I slept well last night. Maybe I'm on to something here with the larger pillow. 

You all have a blessed Sunday. 

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well at least you know what sleeping on your back gives you... but sometimes it can't be helped.
I suffer with hip pain and sometimes roll on my back, but I'm usually aware of it.

Everything looks good!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.