Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rice95 Therapy
RE: Rice95 Therapy
Thank you Opal!! We are gonna figure this out eventually!!
Post Reply Post Reply
In all seriousness, you can see it appears again in about the middle of the sleep session. So if that's all your dealing with negatively, as long as it doesn't detract from overall sleep feel, I'd be ok to just accept that one section as is. Realistically if that's all there is that's bad, don't beat yourself up concerning that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave is right.

Believe me, none of us have absolutely perfect sleep. If we did, there would be no reason we would be here trying to help one another and see if we can make it the best we can.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave and Opal 

Yes this is true. 

Let’s hope that I’m on to something with the pillow placements (small one between knees and big one along my back, collar…

New collar arrives in a few days I think 

Bless you guys 

Sometime the experts should post their charts and we can all try to figure out what’s happening! Coffee I’m not sure you’d want my advice though. I’d have you guys so screwed up
I’d be banned for life!!
Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
When I broke my left shoulder I had to prevent rolling to the left. I used a small firm pillow to restrict my movement that way.

I really feel that there is too little done to improve sleep quality.

After all, if I have to do all this stuff, treatment better work.

My DME supplier got a talking to. She told me that compliance was a score less than 5 and wear a mask with machine on for 4 hours. I asked her if she had ever worn a mask for over 4 hours. Answer was no.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove

Yeah no kidding. I can’t believe I’m actually a Cpap user.  It looked so silly when I saw pictures. I couldn’t fathom sleeping with headgear, hoses and a mask.  Apnea is no joke. I’m so glad I’ve found this forum. I’ll never let up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Monday morning my friends Coffee

2 bad positional clusters=bad AHI, although the biggest one coincided with a leak. I'll let you all decide if that was significant enough to cause that. 

I obviously  don't have this solved yet. I will be getting a better bed fairly soon. Maybe that will help things as far as comfort. My shoulder will also heal eventually and that may be a cause as well for the unnecessary tossing and turning. I do remember being on my back again. I know I can lick this. Its going to be in waves until my shoulder heals and I get a better bed. I'm not sure if its the collar or not. We'll see in a few days when the new one comes in. I have had much better AHI. My charts have shown it. I know I'm capable, I just don't know what has changed other than my bum shoulder getting worse. It's hurt for 6 months and I still had much better numbers. If I'm under 2 I'm satisfied. Once in a while I'll get these crazy jumps into the 4's   Dont-know

Have a blessed day everyone

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning! Coffee

Not a good night sleep trying to keep up with pillows in my back and my shoulder hurting from all the PT.

CA's came to visit which is very abnormal for me.

Positional clusters remain after all that work with pillow shoving and maneuvering into my back when I turned over.  Dont-know

AHI would have been within range had the CA's not come to dinner. 

Have a blessed Tuesday

Chart attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rice,
Considering that your shoulder is still painful, you probably should just concentrate on comfort and not worry too much over the numbers.

Sleep in whatever position is comfortable and give your shoulder time to heal. You can better work on the positional apnea after your shoulder heals.

I'm not worried about the CA's either.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Opal! I think I will finally get a good night sleep tonight!!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,347 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.