Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ridiculous Cpap machine and industry
Ridiculous Cpap machine and industry
First it took me 9 months to finally a get a machine. Then ROTECH
gives me the tech manual that deliberately holds back info on how
to use the machine.
SO i wake up with a water boarding incident. It takes 3 months to see
my doctor to get the prescription to change it.
It takes ROTECH 7 weeks to change the pressure.
So i then realize i am a mouth breather so i get a .50c strap from ROTECH to fix the problem.

SO now i am waiting to get full mask to fix the leak problem. If that does not work that is probably it for me. I will go to the doctor and see what else i can do.

Honestly i wonder what the failure rate of CPAP machines is.
It has to be extremely high. I have put tremendous effort into weight loss
and getting this mickey mouse machine to work.
No one can tell me the effort was not there. Shaq comes on TV and says
just turn it on and put on the mask.

So when this new full mask fails and i am being realistic not negative.
Is surgery an alternative.

Suggestions

TECH info here
resmed autoset h5i s9 series
positive airway pressure device
with humidifier
Elite model
nasal mask
pressure set at 13.8
sometimes air pushes mouth open so i have worthless chin strap
overweight 237 (was 262 dieting) age 63.5
scored 40 ahi test in hospital so severe apnea
sleep 4 hours and wake up then can not get back to sleep
leak rate 28 or higher

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ridiculous Cpap machine and industry
You can upload SleepyHead screenshots of a typical night here and someone can help advise you.
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
its no point downloading data till i have full mask and i have SD card adapter
but i will. It may point out something different

The circles around my eyes look like i have been waterboarded
by Dick Cheney. Hope u are doin well
Post Reply Post Reply
The biggest challenge in adapting to CPAP is to get comfortable. The easiest nasal mask to use is nasal pillows as they tend to leak less from the seal. Since your leaks are from the mouth, a full face may be a good answer. As far as water condensing, using a heated hose or hose cover works wonders for improving rain-out. Try to get a heated hose if possible, and if you can't score that, get a CPAP hose cover. Fleece covers are very inexpensive, and a lot nicer looking and feeling.

Finally, take control of your therapy. Good instructions for setting your machine are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
You can request a provider manual for your S9 Elite machine by sending an email to: apneaboard@gmail.com and put "Setup Manual" (without the quotes) in the subject line, and Resmed S9 Elite in the body of your email. Do it now!
Finally, teh free sleepyhead software linked at the top of this forum will let you see exactly what is working and where problems may lie. You can post images of your therapy in the forum, and we will help you understand what the data mean. This tutorial discusses how to organize data http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization and this one shows how to post your data. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Screenshot
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jxyzobrien,
I know this is very frustrating, but just keep on trying, don't give up.
Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
One. Stop depending on a doc or tech to change your pressures. Or much else honestly.

Two. Put the machine lower than you by a foot or so. Any water from the machine will trap in the hose. A wet mask and dry hose is your breathe condensing on a cold mask.
Three. If you do have to go to FFM id suggest getting a Simplus. Simple comfortable and will handle high pressures.
Download software so you can see what is going on yourself.

Surgery rarely as in almost never cures SA.

MAKE the machine work friend. Heart atracks, strokes, brain damage lie ahead, for sure if you dont.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP takes a bit of getting used to and you might have a few masks before you get one that works for you.
It took me just about every mask I could get before I was given Nasal Pillows (for nose breathers, though i am 50/50) but then there was not that many masks around when I first started. What is worse is that I can no longer get the Nasal Pillows I can use.
So I have patched them up again and again.
Stay away from surgery! Very painful and only makes a surgeon rich and it only lasts a short time. Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
I realize that several have said this already but hang in there. There are good machines and masks that will work for you. It took a little while for me to get my fixed air pressure correct and a mask that worked well for me. I went through a lot of masks. One recommendation I have is that sometimes the medical supply stores will have different masks that people have tried on at one point or another. They cannot then sell them for full price as new. They are sterilized and I have found that they are very cheap (the place i use $10). This will allow you to try different setups during the night without spending a small fortune. Hope this helps. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 81 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 296 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 619 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 196 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,719 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 363 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,284 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.