Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ring spO2 data format
Ring spO2 data format
OK, my CMSD50+ fell off *again* last night. So I'm wondering about the the various 'ring' devices. My question however is that I wish to use both OSCAR (or other tools) in addition to  my own custom analysis program. Therefore I need to be able to get the time series data into a file with a documented (known) format. I think .EDF files would be the most obvious, but any format including CSV and binary is ok as long as well documented. I see a couple of rings that appear to be readily available and a few not yet in US but haven't been able to find out any information on file import and file format. Prefer MacOS, but windows 10 is available and in a pinch I can do linux as well. Would be nice to get the OSCAR EDF and spO2 sd EDF all in one place for a given session...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ring spO2 data format
The main supplier of an oximeter ring is Wellue/Viatom.  In the U.S. it is Wellue.  They are Supplier #40, currently the last one on the list.  You will use either a PC based program (Windows or macOS) or an Android or iOS app to download its data.  These apps will create a binary file that is very easy to read.  These files are issued a file name constructed using the session's starting date and time.

I'm trying to remember the file's layout from memory, so please don't hold me to its accuracy.   It should get the idea across anyway.  Each file written in little-endian format and has a 40 byte header, then each Record is 5 bytes in length. SpO2,  pulse, validity_flag, motion, and vibration are the entry order.  Each entry represents a 4-second interval.  Wellue states that it samples every second but records only every 4-seconds.  They used to claim a 2-second record entry, but it was a duplicate of the previous value.  Wellue has a higher-end oximeter now that is claiming a 2-second entry, but I've not seen its file for verification.

Since your question deals with software, I'm moving your thread to the Software Forum.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ring spO2 data format
The O2 Insight Pro app also allows export of data as CSV, which might be an easy starting point and also allow cross checking with any binary extract you might do. For example (^@ below being NUL):
Time,SpO2(%),Pulse Rate(bpm),Motion,Vibration,
"10:05:38PM Mar 13, 2022",255,65535,1,^@,
"10:05:42PM Mar 13, 2022",99,81,2,^@,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 653 29 minutes ago
Last Post: StuartC
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,759 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,209 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 160 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,304 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.