Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Power Plug
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Power Plug
Does anyone know what size the power input connector is on the AirCurve 10?
Thanks.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Power Plug
I don't know the size but just order it for the AirCurve. You can't use anything but a ResMed plug anyway because it won't work.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My goal is to use a Respironic battery pack from my old machine. Respironic cpap uses 12v DC but my new ResMed AirCurve uses 24v dc. With a 12 to 24v step up converter I should be in business. The power plug is all I need to complete this mod. Is the ResMed plug proprietary? If not, what are the specs? Any info would be appreciated.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased and used The DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines by ResMed which connects the AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 to a 12V or 24V battery power source, including the battery used in a boat, car or recreational vehicle. The converter can be used to power the AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 machine with built in HumidAir™ humidifier as well as a ClimateLineAir™ heated tube.

This will work with almost any 12 battery or power supply.  If your supply does not output to alligator clips or a cigarette lighter socket you will have to purchase an adapter.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 08:30 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: My goal is to use a Respironic battery pack from my old machine. Respironic cpap uses 12v DC but my new ResMed AirCurve uses 24v dc. With a 12 to 24v step up converter I should be in business. The power plug is all I need to complete this mod. Is the ResMed plug proprietary? If not, what are the specs? Any info would be appreciated.

The ResMed requires a proprietary plug as there's a proprietary signal involved.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 08:30 PM)mikeh99 Wrote: Is the ResMed plug proprietary? If not, what are the specs? Any info would be appreciated.
As mentioned above, it is a proprietary plug, it is actually a triaxial connector (very small pin in the center that is easily broken).
The connector is not available from electronic suppliers like Digi-Key/Newark/Mouser.

Every now and then, someone is able to get "this close" to making one work, but apparently the signal on the center pin is not easily reproducible... it's not just a matter of finding the correct resistance or voltage to fool the input.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
For electronics DIY, this is a simple project. See
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...al-Details
and 
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-My-battery-backup-setup
circuit on page 18
I had built a working converter using a 3.3V regulator method which is resmed compatible while ve7ltd used the simpler 47K ohm resistor method which also worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good find.  
That is a more recent thread from the last time I looked into this.
Strange, I wonder what mis-wiring others had done because it seems that it is not a complex issue at all, with a simple resistor being the bare minimum and functional, of course, the 3.3v regulator being better.

BTW:  "Circuit on page 18" didn't work for me because I don't use the default posts per page.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ht=battery
For me, it is on Page 6, post #171 for the regulated circuit:

[Image: 2hxmwr9.jpg]
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 94 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 967 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 139 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 670 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 156 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 141 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,340 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.