Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rise in CA's on Airfit P10
Rise in CA's on Airfit P10
Just wondering if anyone else has notices a rise in the CA to Oa ratio in the Airfit P10? I certainly seem to have it, even with my overall pressure lowering considerably and overall AHI more or less steady(ish)....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rise in CA's on Airfit P10
Steady(ish)... Is that one of those highly technical medical terms?? LOL

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Does lack of data mean I don't get CAs?

/snicker
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm interested to hear whether others have this. I can't tell CA's on my machine but am using the P10.
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2014, 01:56 PM)Visitor Wrote: I'm interested to hear whether others have this. I can't tell CA's on my machine but am using the P10.

Well Visitor, you're at an ahi of 1.0 these days and doing better all the time. Often when you're adjusting and making changes some CA's can crop up. So CA or not, you're at a perfect place for the journey you've been on.

I use and highly recommend the P10 myself. In my case every time I play screw around with the pressures or the epr or whatever I'll see some CA's for a couple of days, then my brain will get over that nonsense. I have no idea if it's related to the P10 or not, and I really suspect not.

But everyone's different of course. Except me. I'm not different. I'm the same.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2014, 07:05 AM)DocWils Wrote: Just wondering if anyone else has notices a rise in the CA to Oa ratio in the Airfit P10? I certainly seem to have it, even with my overall pressure lowering considerably and overall AHI more or less steady(ish)....
I don,t use the mask but if you,re susceptible to centrals than maybe APAP is not for you as the machine increase pressure in response to snoring and flow limitation and this rise in pressure might be the cause of centrals. Also the rising and falling of pressure can cause arousal and sleep disturbance in some people which centrals can occur especially at the maximum pressure

As always, please see you doctor before changing anything Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2014, 07:05 AM)DocWils Wrote: Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a rise in the CA to Oa ratio in the Airfit P10? I certainly seem to have it, even with my overall pressure lowering considerably and overall AHI more or less steady(ish)....

I haven't used the P10, but here goes.

Has this been a long term observation (averaging weeks of data)?

Has there been any other changes, in the Flex setting or anything else, such as in the amount of mouth leaking? Diet? Amount of exercise? Sleeping position? Anemia?

Perhaps you can try wearing oximeter to see if SpO2 seems similar to before the mask change. O2 supplementation can lower incidence of Centrals, so perhaps lower SpO2 can cause an increase in Centrals?

Is the intentional leak rate of the P10 larger or smaller than the previous mask? (If intentional leak is smaller, and if pressures tend to be lower, perhaps the air you're breathing is slightly less fresh and your O2 level is lower?)

Seems like the variables are nearly endless.

Or maybe like retired_guy says, maybe it will go away soon as your body adapts to the change in mask or pressure or whatever.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
DocWils, I looked back over my SH data to remind myself. If I have the dates right (and I may not), it looks as if I had an increase in CA events but not every night. I had trouble with leaks and the nights the leaks were controlled, I had higher CA events. Some nights, I had more CA than OA. The AHI stayed below 5 so I was not concerned.

However, my CA index has always been easily influenced. New mask, new pressure, anything different, it reacts.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
One of the things I witnessed is false lows in AHI accociated with leaking (the machine can't accurately mesaure AHI with a lot of leaking gone on). Then you fix the leaks and the AHI appears to increase (when in reality is probably stayed right where it really was).

When I see really wild AHI swings on a download, the usual culprits are:

Mask leaks
Position
Drugs
Post Reply Post Reply
Very quickly:
Observations over a seven week period, more or less.
No increase in max pressure with the CAs, overall top pressure down to 10.4 from the set top pressure of 16, leaks in line with the Swift I wore before, no noticeable increase in desats over my norm, just the ratio of CAs to OAs have switched around - the AHI still hovers around 2.x or less most nights (although last night and the night before were pretty bad, with AHIs of 8+ but that is probably due to a few days heavy work in the ER on my mandatory rotation - at my age that will knock the stuffing out of you and the sleep pattern will be disturbed).

The only real new factors are the new mask and my raising the starting pressure form 4 to 6 to compensate for the wheezing the mask makes at the outset. Not sure moving the pressure blast up at the front end really could be the culprit, especially when the CAs are clustering at later stages of sleep.

So I am asking this to see if any other P10 mask wearers have noticed this flip in ratios, or if I need to look at other factors.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,123 57 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,974 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,129 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.