Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rising Apnea Readings
Gross 
Rising Apnea Readings
Hi, I have had my machine for around two months now (so forgive me if I am a little nieve, this is all new to me!) At the start, things were going really well & I was regularly getting under 5 events per night, many of those around 1. Recently I was working away, on nights for about 2 - 3 weeks. The machine went with me & in general the results were OK, but not as good as before, but I get that as I was on nights, so I wasn't expecting much. However, since I have returned home my readings have gone up considerably & now it is a good night if I have a reading of under 10. Any ideas as to why this may be the case? I did raise the starting pressure from 6kpa to 7kpa for a few days (it's set to Auto) but that didn't seem to help. I am going to change out the filter today as I suppose that might be blocked. If any one has any other suggestions that would be much appriciated! For the record, I am using a Resmed Airsense 10 with a Philips Dreamwear Mask. The machine is set to auto, from 6 - 15 kpa & it has a humidifier. Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rising Apnea Readings
Hi Alan Gagg,
We would be happy to take a look at your data and advise. Use the #SleepyHead software and the SD card in your machine to download to your computer. From there, we would need to see a screenshot of the Daily Page.

Read the tutorial in my signature line. This will help you to take a screenshot and organize the graphs. Use Imgur to post data here.

Welcome to Apnea Board!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be better if you downloaded Sleephead software and posted your data.
You could try raising you high pressure just to see if you are peeking out in pressure.
The machine will not normally go higher than you need, so you try it at 18 just to see what happens.
You need to post data though so people here can advise.
Even a best guess can't tell what is happening.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Alan Gagg,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi People, thanks for your responces, but I think I have sorted out the problem. I think I have picked up a bit of an Ear, Nose, Throat infection while away at site (not uncommon), which has constriced my throat a little. The last couple of days I have been using a sinus flush & some medication to break up mucus & now my readings are back around the 1-2 API.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 612 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 398 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,189 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,089 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.