Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RockApe Week1
RockApe Week1
Hello All. Thursday night we were still evacuated so I got pulse ox data but RockApe didn't have CPAP.
[Image: Q4GocEx.jpg]
Last night was RockApe's first use of his Remstar C-Flex+ AutoIQ. He was using the large cushions for his Opus masks since medium cushions got lost during moving drama. The large prongs popped out of his nose a couple times. He reports he still slept poorly but felt less tired upon awaking.
[Image: vrMLpPi.png]
Do you see anything that needs adjusting? I'm trying to source replacement medium cushions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RockApe Week1
Move minimum pressure up to 9.5. As you can see the auto algorithm still needs a head start to get ahead of events, and when the pressure in the graph from 9/1 returns to minimum, so do the hypopnea. At a higher minimum pressure, those may be avoided. Overall, the results at less than 2 AHI is pretty good for him. Keep expectations in check since it is going to take a while for sleep recovery to occur, not to mention, the night before 8/29 looks pretty miserable. Based on this one night, his fixed CPAP pressure will end up around 11.5. By narrowing the range of pressure under AutoIQ, you get a more accurate titration result and keep the machine from over-reacting due to being behind the curve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider! We will see what 9.5 min does. I also got new batteries for the CMS50D+ so hopefully I'll have some 02 numbers as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SP02 definitely is better than without CPAP. The block from 12:40am to 1:40am was RockApe shifting to sleep on his stomach. The mask leaking when he shifted over woke me up. He ended up moving back to sleeping on back. The pressure graph is better I think? He didn't sleep very well because his back was hurting him.[Image: pxOLlrl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the 2 hours he was wearing mask look okay to me. He was on his back. He doesn't remember why he took it off but I'm guessing nasal pillow shifted blowing air in his eyes again. The medium pillow will be here Thursday.
[Image: 7qqtEBI.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
These settings are working just fine. The priority now is getting comfortable and allowing time for the benefits to be felt.

I would have guessed RA would use a large nasal pillow, but if he is using a small, I can see why that might be a problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first several nights he was wearing a large nasal pillow. Yesterday the medium I ordered arrived. He says it felt more comfortable.
[Image: rBG1SuD.png]

Do you think 9.5 min is working or should I bump it up a little?
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks good  use it for a week then decide if a SMALL change is needed, desired, wanted.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are pretty good results with zero obstructive apnea and a few hypopnea. You can certainly try pressure at 10.0 and decide if comfort or results merit keeping that. You are close to optimized currently, so small changes should be enough.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.