Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Roller coster AHI...
RE: Roller coster AHI...
Well you have been at this as long as I have. Back when I started with a Resmed Comfortgel nasal mask, i figured I'd explore other oalternatives. I think my first nasal pillows was the Resmed Swift LT, followed by the Resmed Mirage FX. I converted to the Airfit P10 about 5 years ago and have not looked elsewhere. It is quieter and more comfortable than the masks you tried in 2008. The headgear does stretch, but after all these years I have about 10 of them that I wash and dry, and they seem to rebound. I threw one out the other day that was not what I wanted. The mask is among the least expensive on the market, and you can buy frames, headgear and cushions separately. For a guy like you that tolerates nasal therapy, I think you are overlooking a very comfortable and effective alternative. The old LT mask was a huge barrel with nasal pillows that used to give a lot of upper lip pain and a jet of exhaust air that blew on my wife and my own body. Things have come a long way. Trust me?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Roller coster AHI...
It's not that I don't trust you, it would be foolish not to after all of your help. I've just started the AirFit F20 FFM testing last night and that will take a week at least.

The initial results from last night aren't that bad:

Certainly, more adjustments are needed for getting a valid testing for this FFM.

One thing that bothered me about the F20 is that the corners of my lips are very close to the mask seal. My guess is that it was leaking a bit from there. Since I've already used two  other FFMs, F30i and DreamWear, that also did not cover the corner of my mouth well, maybe the FFMs are not for me after all.

In which case my options are nose mask or pillow, like the P10, we will see, but promise that it'll be first one I'll try.

I've seen my doctor yesterday for certifying the CPAP machine usage for the next six month for my insurance company. He did actually mention the 2008 sleep study, where my hourly AHi was over a hundred. He did like the last two month results and asked me to just continue doing what I've been doing.

BTW... For a dozen of years or so, I've just used whatever the doctor prescribed to me, without even researching all aspects of sleep apnea. On the other hand, during the last two month I've learned more about this subject so much, thanks to this forum. Thanks
"Life is dream, awakening is death..."
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do AHI and Centrals show a roller coaster result ckingzzzs 8 2,335 07-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ckingzzzs

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.