Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rosacea Clinical Trial
Rosacea Clinical Trial
Walla asked me to start a thread on this, as perhaps there is more than one of us with a red (ruddy) complexion.  My rosacea is sometimes bad enough that I get cashiers at the store asking if I'm okay. It's common for me to hear, "Oh, you've been in the Sun!".  It gets a bit old and having a more normal color and comfort would be a big deal

In April, I was enrolled in a clinical trial:
A Randomized Multicenter , Double-blind, Vehicle-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of FMX103 1.5% Topical Minocycline foam Compared to Vehicle in the Treatment o Facial Papulopustular Rosacea (FX2016-11)

As best I can tell, Minocycline is an antibiotic variant of Tetracycline, and it is mixed in to an aerosol foam dispenser.  The formulation is pretty greasy, and feels a bit like applying mineral oil to your face.  So far, I have notices considerable reduction of redness and near absence of the bumps and papules that often accompany Rosacea.  It's always possible I may be spreading greasy foam on my face rather than medication, but the results so far seem very positive.  This product is not available to the public, and based on the results, I look forward to its introduction and availability as a prescription topical medication.  It does not rise to a "miracle" but I don't feel like I stand out in the family photo album as "the red guy".
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Rosacea Clinical Trial
My Rosacea makes me look like W.C.Fields (for those of you old enough to remember who that was).  I use an over the counter medication to keep the "reds/purples" under control.  So if something new is in the works and it works, I'm all for it!!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the insight. I didn't even know what Rosacea was until my dermatologist told me I had it this year.
[url=https://To download ----> CLICK HERE ./]Download SleepyHead[/url]
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've had bouts with rosacea and my wife has more or less continually suffered from it for 10 years or so. difficult to be rid of so good to hear there might be more options in future. thanks Walla Walla and Sleeprider for this info.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.