Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rreffner Therapy Thread
RE: AHI too high with good seal
Thanks SleepRider. Will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears with reasonable pressures you're getting more reasonable therapy. But it's that one night. With ASV you get that (within reason) every night. Example, my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV was working well to deliver AHI of 3 or less every day; for myself, and had a diagnostic test result of 124 CA, 24 OA.

That ResMed ASV full name in bold is eventually what you'll need to demand.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SarcasticDave, that is what I’m looking at.
Post Reply Post Reply
I lowered my PS to 4 the other day. In 3-days I have my 2nd sleep study. I will specifically discuss including bilevel with backup and especially ASV as one of the modes to be evaluated. Any other suggestions? Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me. BTW, I had to get up last night to address an issue I was having with my thumb, which is much improved.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
There's really only one BPAP with backup rate equipped to combat Central Apnea and that's ASV. They may suggest old square waves the ST, but it'll go terrible in treatment and feeling. The same HCPCS code E0471 gets you ResMed or other brands: ST, ST-A, ASV, ResMed Stellar, the last one is between CPAP and ventilator classes. I've had the ResMed ASV, that's your very best bet and I myself would refuse anything other than that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a 2nd sleep study and will be going to see my doctor on the 31st. Changed from 17/7 to 15/8 PS4. Using a chin strap. Last night seemed ok. Fewer centrals and mask leaks. Using Nuance Pro. Thanks, everyone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Attached is last night's Oscar and my last titration study. I am using 15/8 PS 4 with a chin strap.

According to tech comments, central events were observed and central events were no longer present after chin strap application. How can that be?

Thanks everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
See above post. Thanks everyone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Central events gone with chin strap!
According to titration study tech comments, central events were observed and central events were no longer present after chin strap application. How can that be? Thanks, everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rreffner Therapy Thread
Your last two threads have been merged to keep your history in one place.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 3 87 45 minutes ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 2 51 3 hours ago
Last Post: The Fox
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 79 1,457 4 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,226 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 177 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,584 Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 126 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.