Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ruby Users--- advice needed
Ruby Users--- advice needed
My Ruby chin strap has served me well. However I have seen my leaks steadily increase. I have adjusted the strap again and it helps. But it brought a question to mind. How often do you replace your Ruby?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ruby Users--- advice needed
I'm still on my first one. It has been in service for about 18 months. . . just wash it every so often.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first one failed due to velcro not sticking at about 5 months. Replaced with new and it is working much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wash it, wring it out in a towel (but not too hard) and let it finish drying. This should let it get back some of its tight elasticity. I don't have the exact Ruby but the Ruby-Like from Supplier #1. When I notice I am having to tighten the straps often, that's what I do and it regains what it lost.

As for how often to replace, it is made of rubber and/or neoprene. Replacement depends on how gentle you are with cleaning it or if you clean it at all. That stuff does break down eventually and will lose its elasticity. My guess, based on my Ruby-Like, the velcro will go before the rest of it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's been my experience also. I use it until the velcro won't stick anymore. I get about a year out of a chinstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,645 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 157 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 187 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,547 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 369 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 186 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.