Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Run Dreamstation on 400W inverter?
RE: Run Dreamstation on 400W inverter?
(10-04-2016, 12:29 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: After calling the tech in Murray PA where they build the PR machine ,and being assured that a pr machine up to a 560 does NOT require pure sine wave, Ive ran mine and the wifes off a plain non inverted 110 champion generator.
With no damage or issues

Prs will also run direct off of 12v DC

Well that is handy info regarding the inverter..

And I'm trying to get a 12v lead for my Dreamstation..

But genuine Philips lead is $100 AU, and a local company that sells non genuine doesn't have them up on their website yet for online purchase, I'd need to get someone in that State to pick it up from their shop and mail it up to me.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2016, 12:29 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: After calling the tech in Murray PA where they build the PR machine ,and being assured that a pr machine up to a 560 does NOT require pure sine wave, Ive ran mine and the wifes off a plain non inverted 110 champion generator.
With no damage or issues

That's Murrysville, PA. Oh-jeez
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Octrocket, a Philips DC adapter is under $30 here but you can use ANY DC supply with the correct size tips. We have even run these units off of a Poweradd Pilot 32000 battery with the included power tips. You don't need anything special to run these machines on 12 volt supplies.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2016, 09:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
With no damage or issues

That's Murrysville, PA. Oh-jeez

I was sleepy when i posted that lol.
Anyway them fellers in PA makin the things said no pure sine wave or inverter needed.Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Best price I've found for the direct 12v lead so far in Oz is $50 AU.

Tried our number one electronic bits and pieces franchise today, no plug that matches the Dreamstation one.

By the time I order and get one from overseas it will cost as much as buying one from one of the Aussie suppliers anyway.
-----------

Been busy arguing with Telstra about getting my Note 7 phone replaced under the recall that has been activated for them, so CPAP lead is secondary for now anyway.

Samsung say "get it done through the store you purchased from, or submit an online request direct to Samsung."

The store I purchased from now has new Note 7 phones in stock, and permission from Samsung to use them as either warranty replacement for recalled Note 7, or sell them to new purchasers who want a Note 7.

Both Samsung and the store are happy to swap my recalled phone for a new one... Telstra said "No, customer has to order through an online form from Telstra."

After two hours on the phone to Telstra today I finally got them to see the light and authorise the store to give me the replacement phone, even got a reference number for the store to use when getting Telstra to update the EIME number of the new phone on my account details.
The department that has to change the details on my account said "No, customer has to go pick up a phone from a Telstra shop." [the store I bought my Note 7 from is a Telstra agent, not a Telstra shop]......

The long and short of it is that I still don't have a replacement phone.. the shop I purchased from has 20 new replacement ones in stock..

Telstra shops have none.

Telstra promised I could have one sent out to me and it would take five working days, after I fill out and submit the online form, and it has been checked and approved [FFS, Samsung issued the recall because the bloody things have caught fire while charging, what "approval" do Telstra need to give if Samsung has issued a recall on them?]

And of course there is the fact that Telstra have non, neither in store nor in warehouse.
Oh-jeez

Of the millions of Note 7 phones sold across the world, 35 have caught fire, not exactly a big percentage... someone posted somewhere on FB that it was something like 0.0028% -- or some figure close to that.

I have been carefully monitoring my Note 7 whenever on charge, even before the recall issue came up, because my old S4 used to get hot when on charge.
My Note 7 doesn't get above whatever the room temperature is, and I don't have it on flammable surfaces when charging.

All this headache to get a phone replaced when it doesn't have a fault in the first place.
Perturbed

Sorry for the rant, hasn't been a good day.

Time for some sleep I think.
Bed
Post Reply Post Reply
To charge the extra battery in the sidecar by far the best solution is to use a BCDC20 from Redarc or similar I have experience with dual batteries in 4WD and was a technician in my younger days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,709 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Has anyone tried the Ryobi 18v inverter to power their CPAP? chasmm 19 7,315 04-09-2022, 03:27 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,300 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with AC inverter Possum 8 2,864 09-18-2019, 11:49 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  700 or 1000 watt power inverter for Resmed S9? Lanco 20 4,923 09-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.