Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Run Mask fit"? - Airsense 10 question
"Run Mask fit"? - Airsense 10 question
New Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset user. 

How does one use the mask fit utility correctly? 

When I start it, the airflow starts immediately at a very high flow rate, and unless I hold my breath, the little face stays an angry red no matter what I do. Holding my breath and pressing on my mask can produce a green happy face but if I begin breathing I make him angry again. The manual isn't very descriptive about the process.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Run Mask fit"? - Airsense 10 question
tonyt,
The mask fit feature will start at the highest pressure you have set, and work down to the minimum pressure set.
EDIT: Or it stays at the highest pressure set for the time of the fit test.

I haven't used the feature for awhile, but you should try to fit your mask by adjusting the headgear while the fit test is running.

What mask are you using, and what pressure is your machine set at? Please fill out your profile when you get a chance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2020, 06:02 AM)OpalRose Wrote: tonyt,
The mask fit feature will start at the highest pressure you have set, and work down to the minimum pressure set.

I haven't used the feature for awhile, but you should try to fit your mask by adjusting the headgear while the fit test is running.  

What mask are you using, and what pressure is your machine set at?  Please fill out your profile when you get a chance.

Ah, that makes sense, highest to lowest. 

I'm using an AirFit f30i. Pressure at 6-16.

I have full beard and I suspect it's going to take a while for me to get a mask tuned correctly. This mask seems to leak at my cheeks and under the lip section mostly. I've ordered some liners to see if that helps. The mask info here is very helpful but I may end up trying other masks. I'm a mouth breather too, btw.
Post Reply Post Reply
That mask is probably the hardest part of therapy.  Finding the right fit with no leaking is often a challenge, and others find the perfect mask for them the first time around.  

Have you read the mask primer yet?

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've found that to protect my sanity I used Mask Fit to just get me into the ballpark on mask adjustments. Don't worry so much about the frowny and smiley twins or they'll drive you mad. I've gone to bed thinking I "passed" the mask fit with green smiley only to leak when I actually laid down. So maybe skip those crazy red and green demons. Lay on the bed and adjust under therapy pressure according to mask primer info.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"frowny and smiley twins"  

Lolabove
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.