Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Run the machine without logging data?
Run the machine without logging data?
I would like to run my machine without affecting the data on the SD card. I think that would be useful for trying on a new mask to get it fitted, or as other people have suggested, just for cleaning or getting used to the pressure before bedtime.

The way the S9 works is that it always logs to the internal memory, then updates the SD card when it's inserted. So it's not enough to just remove the SD card and run the machine.

Is there a way to take the machine 'off the record'?

My sleep doctor will be looking at my data as part of a 3-month follow-up and I don't want to have any 'junk' on there but my actual sleep data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Run the machine without logging data?
Any use of the machine is recorded and cannot be removed. The only way to do this is to erase the user data. It will erase all data but not the total hours used.

I'm fairly certain that the Mask Fit option does not log on the machine other than hours used.

Times of use (ie the machine is on) are called "sessions". Using SleepyHead, you can turn off certain sessions to remove that time and any data collected from that day's use. I don't think this is possible with ResScan.

You can also make a note of when you did this and turn in that "log" when you submit the data.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Junk data won't bother your doctor and every minute running counts for compliance; but, if you don't really care about that and just want to keep things tidy, then you can do this:

Remove SD card then play around with it and do whatever tickles your fancy, then go into the clinical menu (hold knob and double check mark button down for 3 seconds) and choose "Erase Data". Put the SD card back in when you want it to record. The only thing you can't erase or keep from getting on the card is the machine hours - kinda' like a car odometer.

Also, for mask fitting you can hold the knob button down for a few seconds while at the home screen. "Mask Fit" will start. You'll see a red frowney face if there are leaks or mask is off and green smiley when mask is sealed. It will automatically start treatment mode after a couple minutes, but no data is recorded during "Mask Fit" - so you can us it to play around a little without having to worry about junk data or erasing anything to clean it up. I always start with mask fit so I can mess around with the mask getting it adjusted but not have spikes in my leak data throwing off the averages.

As a side note, you can do a 20 minute warm up on the humidifier by holding the knob button down from the water drop or water drop/thermometer screen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 has two tiers of recording data - simple compliance and then detailed data. Mine came set only for the compliance data but I changed that upon arrival at the house.

I am curious about wanting to shut off data recording while trying to fit a new mask. That would be when I would find recorded data the most beneficial. Of course YMMV.

OMyMyOHellYes
Post Reply Post Reply
Compliance data is not a concern since I bought the machine myself and am not using a DME. However my doctor is following up with me and wants to check progress (which I'm thankful for). I wanted him to have my nightly sleep data without extra junk from me playing around with the machine. I didn't want to throw him off or make his work more difficult. However since it seems that it won't mess him up, then maybe it's not a big deal.

I hadn't thought about using the recorded data to check mask fit; that's a good idea. What I thought about doing was suspending data collection, then running the machine for a while to adjust my SleepWeaver Elan, while using the machine's built-in menu to check the leak rate. You're right though, I can do that through something like SleepyHead or ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah. I misunderstood. Sorry. I thought you didn't want to record data until you had a new mask fine tuned. Didn't pick up you only wanted to exclude the first few minutes of fitting before bed.

OMyMyOHellYes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 221 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 537 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,166 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 440 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  incorrect Logging Use For Insurance BlueSky1958 2 462 04-25-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Keep waking up while using CPAP machine, oscar data attached. bigmit2011 5 1,147 03-29-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Help with OSCAR data and machine settings bethose 1 423 03-12-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.