Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Running AirSense 10 on 24V DC source
Running AirSense 10 on 24V DC source
Has anyone figured out how to get around the third-wire "handshake" and get a Resmed AirSense 10 to run directly from a 24 Volt DC source?

I want to build in a 24V source in my camper. I have an appropriate connector (salvaged from a defunct laptop computer power supply) but the AirSense won't run when connected directly to a 24V DC source. I know it has to do with that center pin in the connector.

Is there a work-around for this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Running AirSense 10 on 24V DC source
I'm sure there are other answers, but if it were myself, I would shop for the appropriate ResMed battery connector. In this way, the signal on the 3rd wire gets what it's looking for. And I would not use an inverter of any sort, they are power wasters.

Here's a ResMed PDF battery use guide:
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try searching Amazon for, "KFD 12V 24V Car Charger Vehicle Power Supply 90W". It comes with everything to connect to an A10 for $33USD. For the "just in case" moments, I run my home system through a Battery Tender connected to a deep cycle battery using this power supply. It has worked flawlessly.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know, but I suspect that the Resmed power supply has a switching regulator that has a "power good" output. The way to tell would be to open up the power supply, read the label on the integrated circuit and look up the datasheet. You could check for continuity between the IC and the connector.

On the other hand, Crimson Nape's suggestion sounds easier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 46 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP) Apnea23 4 1,217 01-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  In Need of Help Analyzing Source of Leaks in Oscar rosebladepat 1 384 10-01-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Source for anataomy illustration of how we breathe nose only for CPAP? Stom 0 302 09-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Stom
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,629 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.