Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S.'s SH Charts
RE: S.'s Sleepyhead Charts
S. and I have an appointment at Patient Aids tomorrow. I requested that S. be given an Autoset 10 for Her. The DME said that's fine so long as they have them in stock. I've got the personal debate going now. If DME doesn't have a for Her model in stock, is it worth the wait? S. will have to be the ultimate decider in this matter, but I don't know if I should push S. into waiting it out for the for Her model or just rolling on with the regular Autoset. I know about the less aggressive algorithm and S. only knows that the case is prettier. Should we wait if they don't have the for Her model?
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
From looking at the charts I don't think it would make a difference.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
That depends on what her pressure settings will be. I think the For Her Mode only goes to 12. If it were me, I'd get the standard one you can get now. The sooner on therapy, the sooner it helps IMO. And, FWIW, I don't stare at my machine while sleeping, so I don't really care what it looks like.

Sorry, I may be misleading by my opinions, because I don't think like a female. I probably have too little of a feminine side to get in touch with as well.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks y'all. The looks doesn't matter to me either, the therapy does. I've not used any Autoset models so I can't advise either way. I believe Resmed makes a better machine however, and that's for sure the direction I'm going to lead. Thanks again Walla Walla and ScarcasticDave.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. I agree with sticking with ResMed. I know it works. PR is very good as well, but if the option to get what you think is the best, then why not.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to stick to my guns and take no Dreamstation home. But I don't think they will object on preference. Being a new DME to us, I hope we didn't get the nice side only to get the same ole. It's bad that I've got paranoia with providers. Read to many horror stories to shake off the bad mojo.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 12:03 PM)JesseLee Wrote: ...
Being a new DME to us, I hope we didn't get the nice side only to get the same ole. It's bad that I've got paranoia with providers. Read to many horror stories to shake off the bad mojo.

hmm... In that case, I'm not going to share my experiences with either the last or the current DME personnel. It's really important that you folks can put your bad experiences in the closet because as you know, attitude is a big factor in your therapy. (Therafee? <snicker>)
Post Reply Post Reply
Jesse, I don't think the For Her vs standard Autoset is a deal breaker. I'm yet to see a strong advantage. I would urge you to plug the machine in, enter the clinical settings and check the run hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 01:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Jesse, I don't think the For Her vs standard Autoset is a deal breaker.  I'm yet to see a strong advantage.  I would urge you to plug the machine in, enter the clinical settings and check the run hours.

Will do Sleeprider. Had that in my plans and thanks for the reminder. Not taking a used machine.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 01:04 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 12:03 PM)JesseLee Wrote: ...
Being a new DME to us, I hope we didn't get the nice side only to get the same ole. It's bad that I've got paranoia with providers. Read to many horror stories to shake off the bad mojo.

hmm... In that case, I'm not going to share my experiences with either the last or the current DME personnel. It's really important that you folks can put your bad experiences in the closet because as you know, attitude is a big factor in your therapy. (Therafee? <snicker>)
There's some near tragic stories that's been posted here. And it's funny, that if you tell a DME that they've gotten a bad name as a whole, they just shrug their shoulders.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 131 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 201 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 411 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,167 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 292 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 743 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.