Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S10 AirCurve VAuto BiLevel
S10 AirCurve VAuto BiLevel
I have a Dreamstation bi and am trying to get a better machine. Is the S10 AirCurve VAuto BiLevel the best in your opinion. 
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S10 AirCurve VAuto BiLevel
The VAuto would get my vote as being an upgrade.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO the VAuto is the best for OSA
Post Reply Post Reply
I concur. ResMed has better hardware and better algorithms.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have ordered the AirCurve Vauto and I should get it in about 5 days.  Hope it is an improvment.  It will not be set up with my pressures or anything else.  I have a dreamstation and and have put on the thread a OSCAR pictur with my settings.  What should I set the new machine.  With the same settings?  What needs to change or be added?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Note pressure settings like EPAP, IPAP, and PS. They could work to start, however as ResMed is faster to address events, EPAP might be able to be a bit less. Let's go with what you have for now and try it a night, unless others give better feedback than my own.

Comfort settings like humidifier will be somewhat the same, but ResMed has 8 humidity settings vs Respironics 5. So you may want to decide that on a trial and error method.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to suggest we start at EPAP min 9.0, max pressure 18.0 and PS 4.0. I’d rather start low and adjust if needed. We should be able to dial things in within one or two sessions. Congratulations on the upgrade.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got Vauto and it is so fast to respond to my problems.

IT's pressure support feels soo natural and nice.

It feels comfortable breathing with it literally, like someone helping you to breathe.

It tackled my obstructives and hypopneas and turned them into  literally nothing. 

Software is so good.

The Oscar data looks more precise, it seems to me it records more values per second. 

IT does not score RERAs in the oscar but... hey, just scroll through your breathing, look for huge inhalations and see if there were flow limitations prior to them. IT's a good sign from what I've read?

It shows pressure at mask.

It has some other settings which I am not familiar here with but just listen to sleeprider.

Smile

All the best and good sleep <3
Post Reply Post Reply
Are these both useful for UARS?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2020, 06:33 AM)Johnson4 Wrote: Are these both useful for UARS?

The Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is very effective for UARS, and the VPAP S with fixed pressure is also good with the right settings.  The reason these machines work so well is that they increase pressure during inspiration which counter-acts the airway resistance that causes flow limitation, RERA and hypopnea.  This makes respiration neutral for effort which is more like what normal individuals without UARS experience.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 80 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 175 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.