Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S10 OXIMETER -- EXPERIENCE???
S10 OXIMETER -- EXPERIENCE???
I am about to purchase the oximetry package for my ResMed AirSense AutoSet ... adapter, NONIN Oximeter, finger sensor, and cables. Anyone have any experience with the S!0 and oximetry package? I plan to use both ResScan and Sleepyhead to track results.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S10 OXIMETER -- EXPERIENCE???
I don't think anyone has ever actually used the ResMed oximeter setup. JediMark commented that the data should come through with all the other data, but I don't think he ever got a chance to check it with live data. Do let us know how it works out, especially a comparison of the ResScan and SleepyHead reports.

My DME said I would need a prescription, and didn't know if my insurance would cover it (nobody's ever asked before). Actually, I'd only want to rent one for a couple of months to check SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2017, 04:52 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I don't think anyone has ever actually used the ResMed oximeter setup. JediMark commented that the data should come through with all the other data, but I don't think he ever got a chance to check it with live data. Do let us know how it works out, especially a comparison of the ResScan and SleepyHead reports.

My DME said I would need a prescription, and didn't know if my insurance would cover it (nobody's ever asked before). Actually, I'd only want to rent one for a couple of months to check SleepyHead.

I know for a fact that Medicare will not cover it unless you are near death and O2 monitoring is essential. They will pay for periodic monitoring if medically indicated. So, I guess I will be the pioneer with the arrows in my back. I will post periodic reports and we shall see what we shall see.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone ...

After waiting a number of weeks to get my backordered ResMed oximetry kit with the Nonin 3012 LP (Low Power) XPOD Oximeter, finger probe, ResMed adapter, and a rather useless belt or sheet clip that did not fit the device ... I was up and running.

My observations:

(1) The data flows from the SD card into both Sleepyhead and ResScan without issue. The reports are about the same for the first test data run.

(2) The data is infinitely smoother and more error-free than my current CMS-50F which has problems with excessive movement when I am sleeping and with my heart arrhythmia (mostly PVCs and a relatively fewer PACs).

(3)  The finger probe LED remains on even if the S10 is powered down. It has been suggested that I simply disconnect it.

(4)  I am ordering an optional (not from ResMed) Nonin 3-foot extension cord for the finger-probe so I can change sleep positions easier. I understand that the cables come in other lengths.

(5)  I purchased the unit from Kevin Cooper (as I did my CMS-50F) because he is the go-to guy when it comes to pulse oximeters. He is on the list as Vendor #19 and his knowledge and customer service is fantastic. -- I would not hesitate for one moment to recommend him to either discuss your oximetry issues or as a vendor.

(6) Hook-up was simple and accomplished within sixty seconds. Don't expect too much from the boilerplate multilingual manuals.

(7)  And the big question, would I spend this amount of money again? The answer is simple, what is my peace of mind worth knowing I am not dangerously de-sating at night. I will need more time to determine if a slight desat may be causing my idiopathic polycythemia which causes the excess production of oxygen-carrying red blood cells.

I will check back when I get more experience.

I will answer any questions from forum folks -- and provide data samples to JediMark for testing should he request them.

Update -- Second Night

(8) Suffered my first cable disconnection and lost 3hrs worth of data. It appears that the cable clip is to keep the two cables (probe/oximeter) together and attach to a sheet. It may be that the gray clip is for an earlier unit as most updated photos show a black clip. It appears that the Nonin extension (3ft, 6ft) will play a more important part in ease of use. Both Sleepyhead and ResScan showed the data gap, but kept whatever data was received by the device and written to the SD card.

Update -- Sleepyhead

(9) It appears that the oximetry data is not being reported on the summary page. The old historical data from the CMS-50F is still displayed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 66 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 134 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 659 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 2 329 01-01-2024, 07:37 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 758 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,794 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.