Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S8 AutoSet vs S9 AutoSet . . .
S8 AutoSet vs S9 AutoSet . . .
I have an 5+ year old S8 AutoSet II with close to 18,000 hours on it that still does the job. AHI averages about 2.8-3.8 with 0 AI, which I understand is pretty good for a S8. I have a even older S8 AutoSet Vantage with just short of 10,000 hours as a backup.

Help convince me that the purchase of a S9 Autoset would be advantages.

Also, is there somewhere that older machines can be donated? I have my original Respironics Bi-Pap which is still in good condition.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S8 AutoSet vs S9 AutoSet . . .
(09-25-2013, 06:28 PM)hobbs Wrote: I have an 5+ year old S8 AutoSet II with close to 18,000 hours on it that still does the job. AHI averages about 2.8-3.8 with 0 AI, which I understand is pretty good for a S8. I have a even older S8 AutoSet Vantage with just short of 10,000 hours as a backup.

Help convince me that the purchase of a S9 Autoset would be advantages.

Also, is there somewhere that older machines can be donated? I have my original Respironics Bi-Pap which is still in good condition.

Why don't you try selling your old CPAP machines? I have used the S9 for over 2 years and love it and I have used the S9 Auto Set and I love it too. I don't know if I need a different machine as my pressure is 95% at the highest pressure available. I have had some problems with my ears since I started the auto set and it could be b/c of the times I need the higher pressure which I get all at one time rather than staying at one pressure all night long. But, as far as the S9 goes, I have no complaints about it. Hopefully, someone can give you more details that can better answer your question. Much success to you and happy sleeping!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hobbs,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you on your decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The biggest advantage to the S9 is you can view the data yourself with equipment you can easily get, if you don't have it. The S8s require a proprietary card and proprietary card reader.

The next advantage is simply stuff breaks over time. Unless you have a manometer and know how to make adjustments, chances are your machine will start to not put out the pressure it says it is.

As for getting rid of the machines, some places do take donations. But remember, it is a prescription required item and the sale or transfer of such items without a prescription is illegal. That said, CPAP machines are bought and sold over local sources regularly. Craigslist, local sales papers, etc.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2013, 06:28 PM)hobbs Wrote: Help convince me that the purchase of a S9 Autoset would be advantages.
S9 uses SD card and supported by both SleepyHead and ResScan
Heated hose (climate control) ... rainout protection
Slim hoses
Extra data storage
Central apnea detection
Enhanced AutoSet algorithm

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 444 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 122 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 473 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.