Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 ASV (VPAP Auto)
S9 ASV (VPAP Auto)
I posted another question about my AirCurve 10 ASV having a loud noise and whirling sound/vibration. My DME is trying to tell me that the S9 Autoset Cpap that I had wouldn't be as loud as the ASV model, which is why the Aircurve ASV is louder than my S9 even though it is supposed to be quieter than the S9. Does anyone have the S9 ASV and can they tell me if theirs has a whirling sound or other noise? My S9 was nearly silent and my A10 is very loud. This is not coming from the mask, but from the actual unit. I will see if I can record it and upload tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 ASV (VPAP Auto)
magictrkaz, my Resmed S9 is almost silent, the only sound I hear if my breath echoing, which is fine and I use earplugs to block that. I would keep on their back and get them to replace it and try a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an S9 Autoset for a while and now have an S9 VPAP Adapt. The Autoset was utterly silent. The VPAP does make a noise which I notice but SWMBO says she can't hear. Last time I spoke to my RT she said the VPAPs work harder generating a pressure change on every breath. This sounds plausible.

I wouldn't describe it as a whirling noise though - more like a rising and falling white noise, and (as I said) very soft.
Post Reply Post Reply
The louder noise could be the ASV then...I set it on three towels last night and rotated it so it is now facing the other way and this seems to have reduced the audible noise from my bed a bit. The DME is coming out on Friday to take a look. I may go there instead to see if I can hear an S9 since they dont have the A10 in stock.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if you got this sorted out as the thread is a couple of months old. But I have the Aircurve 10 ASV and it is whisper quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 02:40 AM)ldj325 Wrote: I don't know if you got this sorted out as the thread is a couple of months old. But I have the Aircurve 10 ASV and it is whisper quiet.

Hi ldj325, welcome to Apnea Board.

I think your pressure settings may be unusually low. The higher the pressures, and the larger the Pressure Support, the louder the machines will get, usually.

I think ASV machines usually allow much higher pressures than 8.2-12.0, when needed to keep us breathing.

Or is 8.2-12.0 just the range for EPAP?

What is the pressure range which Pressure Support is allowed to auto-adjust within?

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV with heated Humidifier is the machine I am looking into getting once my Doctors gets off his vacationing butt to read my titration results. Sorry if I sound irritated but waiting now 8 weeks for results is kind of long time to wait to start treatment IMHO. The first time I was diagnosed with OSA I started Therapy within 3 days. Now I am Diagnosed wit Central Sleep Apnea hence the need for an ASV Machine. I just hope it isn't as loud as you says yours is. Keep us posted on what the DME says on Friday when you get to see them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 314 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.