GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

S9 Auto Set H5i humidifier problem :(
I have a problem, I think, with the humidifier on my S9 Autoset cpap machine. I use a heated hose with a fleece cover made for the hose. I found that the cover made my sleeping more comfortable. Since the weather has cooled in our part of the country, I've found that the humidifier is often either dry or almost dry in the morning. My concern at the moment is that the 'heating plate' in my machine is just lukewarm. I seem to remember when the machine was new, that when I would shut it off in the morning, I had to be quite careful not to touch the bottom of the humidifier when I removed it from the machine because it was hot.

Now I can touch not only the bottom of the humidifier but also the heating plate in the machine itself and don't get that really hot sensation. Is this an indication that my machine needs repair? I've had it since May 2012 and I know that it is way past the warranty period. Medicare will not buy another one for probably two more years or more.

I have the temperature set at 82 degrees on the cpap, plus the humidity set at 5.5 %. Can anyone give me some advice?
11-23-2014 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Doc J Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: resMed H5i Dumped and dry daily
CPAP Pressure: 10-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Knowledge is King and this is the place to find it! Thanks everyone.

Sex: Male

RE: S9 Auto Set H5i humidifier problem :(
I wouldn't even worry about it. It is working since the water is being used, and it will use more in dry time of the year. You must being feeling it under different conditions. It will be hot during a full on heat cycle, but may have been off for a while the last time you felt ie the heater cycles on and off when being used. Any heat should mean the heater is good, so just get your sleep on.

Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
11-23-2014 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Pressure] Problem exhaling unofon 16 425 Today 12:59 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 22 565 Yesterday 04:49 PM
Last Post: robysue
Surprised WISP mask problem elbie 11 480 10-22-2016 10:49 AM
Last Post: elbie
Angry [Equipment] Resmed AirSense 10 problem weeble 3 290 10-17-2016 10:59 PM
Last Post: Jim Bronson
  home sleep study problem garretdl 5 233 10-14-2016 02:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Problem with Resmed Swift FX mask/hose leaking Dangerous Dave 1 156 10-13-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 535 10-09-2016 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic