Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Auto Set H5i humidifier problem :(
S9 Auto Set H5i humidifier problem :(
I have a problem, I think, with the humidifier on my S9 Autoset cpap machine. I use a heated hose with a fleece cover made for the hose. I found that the cover made my sleeping more comfortable. Since the weather has cooled in our part of the country, I've found that the humidifier is often either dry or almost dry in the morning. My concern at the moment is that the 'heating plate' in my machine is just lukewarm. I seem to remember when the machine was new, that when I would shut it off in the morning, I had to be quite careful not to touch the bottom of the humidifier when I removed it from the machine because it was hot.

Now I can touch not only the bottom of the humidifier but also the heating plate in the machine itself and don't get that really hot sensation. Is this an indication that my machine needs repair? I've had it since May 2012 and I know that it is way past the warranty period. Medicare will not buy another one for probably two more years or more.

I have the temperature set at 82 degrees on the cpap, plus the humidity set at 5.5 %. Can anyone give me some advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Auto Set H5i humidifier problem :(
I wouldn't even worry about it. It is working since the water is being used, and it will use more in dry time of the year. You must being feeling it under different conditions. It will be hot during a full on heat cycle, but may have been off for a while the last time you felt ie the heater cycles on and off when being used. Any heat should mean the heater is good, so just get your sleep on.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.