Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 AutoSet - Noise at the breathing out!
LOL You really want me to get one of those, don't you?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just sayin'. These older Series 50 machines are on sale for a limited time. Once they're gone, they're gone for good.

But seriously, I have a Series 50 machine and it's an awesome piece of equipment. Very reliable and will run directly off a 12-volt battery.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get that noise, too.
I just assumed it was the hose. A hose will make that whistling noise with air passing through it just from twirling it around.
I never really thought to investigate it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Honestly didn't read through the thread, but I do notice a sound from my S9 on exhale. I never looked into it though I assumed it was coming from the H5i. It sounds a little bit like air moving over the reservoir chamber. Anyway sound or not, it's quiet enough for me to sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
There's really not much you can do about the whistle.
I did a comparison of the M-Series Pro sound level to the S9 when it first came out and noticed it then.
I keep mine about a foot below the top of the mattress on the lower shelf of the nightstand.
That seems to mitigate the whistle volume fairly well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini Hose noise solution Frequenttraveler 8 134 7 hours ago
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Clicking noise from CPAP when breathing Fedman 8 1,178 07-26-2017, 09:20 AM
Last Post: SCnoel
Question [Diagnosis] Periodic breathing bigtonio 49 1,256 07-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Follow up- APAP noise Tahera11979 0 103 07-22-2017, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Tahera11979
  Flow graphs - Am I mouth breathing edfreeman 14 536 07-20-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 59 10,995 07-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ateeluck
Question Is my breathing shallow ? dwd1249 66 2,154 07-17-2017, 01:11 AM
Last Post: TBMx