Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 AutoSet - Noise at the breathing out!
RE: S9 AutoSet - Noise at the breathing out!
PaulaO,(time=1322684088) Wrote:That said, I have noticed that since getting back from our trip, the sound is gone. Perhaps there was something not quite right inside and the jostling "fixed" it. I will pay more attention tonight and see how it is.
Paula - is it possible that the sound is not being caused by the CPAP machine, but by the connections between the CPAP machine and the humidifier, or between the humidifier and hose, etc?

Have you tried to remove the humidifier and operate without it and see if the sound still occurs?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gustave,(time=1322721006) Wrote:Hello,

I am still awaiting the response of ResMed. :annoyed:
Hi Gustave... not sure if you know, but SocialGil (Gil Ben-Dov) who responded above is a Vice President at ResMed.

Maybe his answers weren't satisfactory in helping you, but he did try to help at least.

Did you try each of the points Gil suggested to see if they might solve the issue?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
zonk Wrote:Is the Ultra Mirage II is a FFM and does it have anti-asphyxia valve .
Post Reply Post Reply
-tim Wrote:It happens lower than 9 since my cat hates it at 4 so I'm guessing its very high frequency. There is a setting for dropping the pressure on exhale and I'm guessing that is on which seems to make it worse. It has a range of 1 to 3 but I've only tried 1. I'm guessing its like the old IPPB machines and goes into a suck mode on the pump. Give it 10 years and they will get rid of it. Puritan Bennett got reduced it nearly 4 decades ago but I don't remember their trick but it involved a simple air based analogue computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
PaulaO Wrote:
SuperSleeper,(time=1322722158) Wrote:
PaulaO,(time=1322684088) Wrote:That said, I have noticed that since getting back from our trip, the sound is gone. Perhaps there was something not quite right inside and the jostling "fixed" it. I will pay more attention tonight and see how it is.
Paula - is it possible that the sound is not being caused by the CPAP machine, but by the connections between the CPAP machine and the humidifier, or between the humidifier and hose, etc?

Have you tried to remove the humidifier and operate without it and see if the sound still occurs?
No, I've not tried that. Duly noted and I'll let y'all know the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gustave Wrote:Hello SuperSleeper,

I think there was a misunderstanding of what I mentioned in my Post # 21:

"I am still awaiting the response of ResMed."

The answer that I expect, is concerning the replacement unit that I returned to my
provider. Which, in turn, is waiting for a response from ResMed. (Rf: Post # 15)

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Post of SocialGil.

"Au revoir"

Gustave
Post Reply Post Reply
PaulaO Wrote:When I went to bed last night, as soon as I put the mask on, the machine started its whistle on exhale.

Turned it off
checked the water in humidifier
made sure the humidifier door was shut
disconnected the two pieces then firmly put them back together
checked hose (since it is the climate line, it doesn't come loose very easily)
turned back on and it still whistled

Took off the humidifier and finagled the climate line hose onto the non-humidifier half
Turned on
still whistled

At this point, I put it all back together and put a pillow over it so I could sleep. I could still hear it but not as bad. I hear high pitched noises and find them to be very annoying. Add in the fact that it indicates my breathing, and it is even more annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
zonk Wrote:My machine is not that bad , may be take it back to ResMed as SocialGil suggested . Does it make any difference if using the climate control in auto or manual mode or even the slim line . You can try not to fill the water chamber to the top maker and may be turn EPR off see if it make it any better .
Post Reply Post Reply
acarter53 Wrote:just replaced mine last week. It sounded like a cat in heat. Crying-into-tissue
Post Reply Post Reply
SMenasco Wrote:I have experienced the same noise. My first S9 made a sound like a pressure response from the turbine at the end of each exhalation. i returned it to the DME and it was replaced under warranty. The current machine does the same thing. The noise does not occur until the machine has been in operation for at least 30 minutes. It occurs when the auto function is at it's lowest pressure when I am on my side. The noise presents itself when the pressure differential against the turbine is the highest (only my opinion). If I exhale really slow without a lot of pressure, the noise does not occur. So, I tried several different modes to isolate the noise. I changed the EPR pressure from 3, then to 2, then to 1, then turned off the EPR with no change. Then I turned off the ramp, no change. Next, I emptied the humidifer, no change. Next, I removed the ClimateLine hose, removed the humidifier and installed the standard hose, no change. I then switched it to cpap mode and set it on the recorded mean pressure of 13.4, noise still present. The noise isn't really loud. However, in a quiet bedroom, it wakes me up. My wife can even hear it from her side of the bed. It appears at least three times each night. I turn the machine off for a moment and it goes away for at least a half hour. I really like the S9. I get great rest, sleeping 9 to 10 hours a night, with AHI of .3. It can't even be heard, until this exhalation pressure noise surfaces. I called my DME and the manager put me in touch with the Tulsa Resmed representative, a really nice guy, sincerely wants to solve the problem. We discussed this whole thing and all the different modes. One topic that came up was the mask I use. I have used the Swift II nasal pillow system for several years. Even though the mask does not make the noise, he thinks the very small supply tube feeding the nasal pillows may be increasing the back pressure against the turbine. He has asked the DME to send me a couple of new masks that have a larger, less restricted hose. I am looking forward to trying them. Until I receive them, I have set the machine down low on a little stool and covered it with a thick towel. The noise is still there, but minimized considerably. I'll report again after I try the new masks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,117 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,263 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.