Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 AutoSet - Noise at the breathing out!
RE: S9 AutoSet - Noise at the breathing out!
(04-20-2012, 12:53 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: There's some theory about the whistle is coming from the filter area. That changing or repositioning the filter "fixes" the issue.

The noise from mine is very intermittent. Either that or I've gotten used to it.

Check out this thread for discussion between the two machines/manufacturers.
S9-Auto

Paula02,

Thanks very mush for the info and the link to that discussion.

My head is spinning trying to decide between the two machines.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 12:54 PM)CHanlon Wrote: Anytime I've heard mine whistle it's been so slight as to not be an issue. Actually, I only realised a couple months ago that it stopped doing it right sometime after I last changed the filters. If I hear it again, I'll change them again and see if that solves it.

Try the machine out, if you can, somewhere quiet. It might not be something you notice, and thus might not be a factor in your final decision.

CHanlon,

Thanks for sharing your experience. If I can find a DME supplier that will work with me in trying the S9 on a "trial" basis, I'd love it.

I could try the S9 to see if it whistles.... if it does, I could return it and get the new PR S1 Remstar series 60.

The biggest chalange will be finding a cooperative DME.

I've been stuck with Crapria for the last 5 1/2 years, but I hear that Cigna (CareCentrix) is staring to contract more DME suppliers besides Crapria. So maybe I'll luck out.

Thanks again.

Post Reply Post Reply
You do what Gomer Pyle did. Index finger is one, the middle finger is the other. Bring your hand down hard on the edge of the table so just those two fingers hit. Just a glancing blow. Whichever finger hurts the most is the one you choose. He passed the Sgt. test that way.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 01:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You do what Gomer Pyle did. Index finger is one, the middle finger is the other. Bring your hand down hard on the edge of the table so just those two fingers hit. Just a glancing blow. Whichever finger hurts the most is the one you choose. He passed the Sgt. test that way.

Hmm, Gomer Pyle was from Mayberry, North Carolina.... you NC people sure have some small-town ways about you. Bigwink I heard a rumor that y'all power your CPAP machines by hooking them up to a squirrel-powered wheel generator. Bag-head

"Shazam!" that would be really neat-o, as long as it's legal in MayBerry. ...

Citizens' Arrest.... Citizens' Arrest... Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Squirrel during the day, possum at night.

Boy could that man sing.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 01:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 01:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You do what Gomer Pyle did. Index finger is one, the middle finger is the other. Bring your hand down hard on the edge of the table so just those two fingers hit. Just a glancing blow. Whichever finger hurts the most is the one you choose. He passed the Sgt. test that way.

Hmm, Gomer Pyle was from Mayberry, North Carolina.... you NC people sure have some small-town ways about you. Bigwink I heard a rumor that y'all power your CPAP machines by hooking them up to a squirrel-powered wheel generator. Bag-head

"Shazam!" that would be really neat-o, as long as it's legal in MayBerry. ...

Citizens' Arrest.... Citizens' Arrest... Coffee

I'm sure that is some Barney Fife method I could use too !

Post Reply Post Reply
usually when it comes on i can tell in the first few seconds if i've seen it and what the story is. i've probably seen all of them a bunch of times. i love it. also have several of jim nabors' vinyl records. the indy 500 will never be quite the same after he quits singing indiana.

it's amazing when you think of all the tv show and movies that were spun off of the andy griffith show and all of its actors and actresses directly and inderectly.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 01:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Boy could that man sing.

Still can, and does. Every year he sings to open the Indy 500. 30 years in a row, so far. May 28th this year. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 12:22 PM)timp4411 Wrote: I am eligible for a new machine adn "thought" I was sold on the S9 Autoset.

But after reading these many posts, and other on toher forums, I am re-thinking this choice.
All machines make some kind of noise and usually notice first put the mask on but it slowly goes away as my breathing settle down.
As far as I can see the choice is so clear and the S9 AutoSet is very tough act to follow as Phillips Respironcis and others got a lot of catching up to do before start recommending their machines.
[S9 is a cpap machine but not all cpap machines are S9,s]

Some of the important S9 features (not available on the PRS1)
-LCD data: shows breakdown of AHI and leak (unintentional)
-Climate control - climate line (heated hose) and no rainout
-Mask setting (type of mask: nasal, pillows, full face)
unlike the silly PR resistance setting for Respironics masks which has nothing to do with leak reporting.
-Smiley face Smile
-ResSan and SleepyHead software (both free) support the S9 and for now SH don,t support 60 series and not sure if you could buy Respironcis Encore viewer either.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zonk.

Thanks for the info.

I contacted Crapria about getting the S9 and their crap has already started.

They claim that the ONLY Manufacturer they sell is Respironics. No Resmed.

What a crock ! They have sent me a new Resmed Activa mask within the last 2 weeks.

Looks like I'll be purchasing the machine on my own and submitting it to CIGNA for an out of network reimbursement of 60%.

Sigh..... I HATE CRAPRIA !!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,102 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,260 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.