Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Autoset machine question
S9 Autoset machine question
What is the point of having a smiley face or the Angry face on the face of this machine? For the first time since starting cpap therapy in 2009 this morning I had the 'mad' face. I am assuming my mask got misplaced somehow during the night and the high leak rate that came with it caused the mad face.

Or am I overlooking something obvious that I need to change?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Autoset machine question
Hi GrammaBear,
The mad face means that you had high leakage throughout the night. You must be doing really well overall if that is the first time you had the angry face, hang in there.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not your fault that Resmed uses a cartoon instead of information. Tape is your friend. I use it to cover the flat tire warning (TPMS) on my car when the snow tires are on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The cartoon is just an indication of leak status, and the bar is set pretty low. So if you got the red frowney face, it means that you had excessive leaks for > 30% of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2016, 07:22 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: The cartoon is just an indication of leak status, and the bar is set pretty low. So if you got the red frowney face, it means that you had excessive leaks for > 30% of the night.

I'm not doubting what you've said because you obviously knew the answer and I did not. What I don't understand is the headgear to my mask is not more than 2 months old and I guess I could blame the nose pillow for being old. Sometimes during the night I will find the mask has slipped out of place and I have to replace it so it is properly placed. My mask has worked for months and now I am getting large leaks even with a chin strap.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have a look at the leak graph in Sleepyhead and see when and for how long it registers leaks in excess of 24 L/min. That might give you an idea of what's happening.

<rant>In my limited experience with the P10 (now confined to the dustbin of bad experiences) I found that it leaked whenever the pressure went up a bit, when I moved in bed, when I opened my mouth (natch) and whenever that stupid lacky band they refer to as headgear didn't fit properly - which was most of the time.</rant>

Seriously though, it could be any of those things. You mentioned your pillow is old - maybe that would be a good place to start.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,341 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 198 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 522 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 587 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
  Old Resmed Autoset S9 machine SteveC 4 641 09-13-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Medicare Question - Replacement Machine srlevine1 7 798 04-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  VAUTO vs Autoset Question (seems ambiguous..) Apnea23 1 434 04-12-2023, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.