Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Autoset or Elite
RE: S9 Autoset or Elite
(06-08-2014, 10:08 PM)bwexler Wrote: Your op is not totally clear. Your equipment list says you have an S9 Escape. Half the responses indicate you have an S9 Elite.

I think you have the Escape and are trying to decide weather to acquire an Elite or An Autoset.

If I have it right I would go for the Autoset, no question..

Bwexler, sorry for the confusion. Yes I am using an Escape now which I hate, not being able to see what is happening to me.
Prior to being given this machine by our Government I had hired an Elite for three months and I found that to be adequate for what I needed.
I loved being able to download my sleep plan and see what was going on.
With the Escape I feel as if I have been batting blind. Waste of space machine.

Thanks for taking the time to answer and I think I will go with the Autoset, it seems to be the general consensus.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone who answered me from #2 through to #10, thank you all very much.
You were all very kind and gave me much the same advice, go for the Autoset.
Once I have the Autoset I am then able to set it at CPAP mode if that is what I am most comfortable with.
Also if I need the Autoset down the track I will have it.
You all did a good job of mostly assuring me I would be ok with the settings so I am definitely going with the Autoset and have gone ahead and ordered it.

So thanks to you all, I am going to be the owner, finally of an S9 Autoset.
It will be a few weeks before it arrives, I will have been on CPAP for five months by then.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
You all did a good job of mostly assuring me I would be ok with the settings so I am definitely going with the Autoset and have gone ahead and ordered it.

Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you have your autoset and YOU determine what the correct pressures are on your machine you can put that pressure into your S-9 Escape and have that be your "travel/back up machine".
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 08:31 PM)robysue Wrote: The only thing the S9 AutoSet can do that your S9 Elite cannot do is autotitrate. That's it.

It can also adjust the pressure during the night as things like your sleeping position change.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 08:36 PM)JWR Wrote: I know on a fixed pressure I can't sleep on my back , but with my auto my pressure will creep up from around 13.5 on normal nights to 17.5 to 18 when I'm on my back . Yes I know shouldn't sleep on my back . I can still get a good nights sleep and have around .17 to .38 even a few 0 AHI nights on my back . can't do that with a fixed pressure machine cause it can't compensate when something changes in your sleep pattern or your having a bad night.

You could just go with a fixed pressure of 18. That's essentially what you'd have to do if you had a fixed pressure machine.

If you had trouble tolerating that high of a fixed pressure, that would be a situation where the auto-CPAP machine would become most useful.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 04:48 AM)Gabby Wrote: So thanks to you all, I am going to be the owner, finally of an S9 Autoset.
It will be a few weeks before it arrives, I will have been on CPAP for five months by then.

Terrific news!!!! Congrats

Very, very happy for you! I Haven't regretted a single day with my Autoset and I venture a guess to say you will be pleased as well!

Keep us informed and if there are any questions...we are here!
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 11:38 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 08:36 PM)JWR Wrote: I know on a fixed pressure I can't sleep on my back , but with my auto my pressure will creep up from around 13.5 on normal nights to 17.5 to 18 when I'm on my back . Yes I know shouldn't sleep on my back . I can still get a good nights sleep and have around .17 to .38 even a few 0 AHI nights on my back . can't do that with a fixed pressure machine cause it can't compensate when something changes in your sleep pattern or your having a bad night.

You could just go with a fixed pressure of 18. That's essentially what you'd have to do if you had a fixed pressure machine.

If you had trouble tolerating that high of a fixed pressure, that would be a situation where the auto-CPAP machine would become most useful.

Congrats Gabby on the Autoset Banana
That's why I Do have a Auto machine . Get to enjoy being able to sleep how ever I like and still be covered instead of high pressure all the time like on a fix pressure machine to do the same Agreed
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume, you,re getting the machine from Supplier #2, they sell new and used machines
If buying used machine, ask them for the 'run hours', run hours are not reset when data is erased (the lower, the better),
maybe the serial number too
Also as you have the humidifier, you can save some money of not getting the humidifier at this time around
The machine comes with power brick and cord with US wall plug at the end but you can take it out and use the cord you have now with AU plug

you need 90W power supply to operate the machine and humidifier (30W power supply only operate the machine)

Used machines are not normally comes with an SD card, you might want to confirm with them

In Australia CPAP are GST exempt but might be some tax (not sure what they call it) to be paid on purchases over $1000

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 06:05 PM)zonk Wrote: I assume, you,re getting the machine from Supplier #2, they sell new and used machines
If buying used machine, ask them for the 'run hours', run hours are not reset when data is erased (the lower, the better),
maybe the serial number too
Also as you have the humidifier, you can save some money of not getting the humidifier at this time around
The machine comes with power brick and cord with US wall plug at the end but you can take it out and use the cord you have now with AU plug

you need 90W power supply to operate the machine and humidifier (30W power supply only operate the machine)

Used machines are not normally comes with an SD card, you might want to confirm with them

In Australia CPAP are GST exempt but might be some tax (not sure what they call it) to be paid on purchases over $1000

Zonk, I have a different supplier in the U.S. that I have bought my humidifier, masks, pipes, hoses and any other equipment I have needed since the start of my journey.
I know this site highly recommends 2 & 10 but I still found them expensive.
I have had no problems whatsoever with this lady.
She is always AT LEAST a third cheaper than other U.S. sites and that really helps me.
I am getting a brand new Autoset S9 with a two year guarantee and it does not have Escape in it's name anywhere. I made extra certain to check.

Thank you for the information about the leads.
Did you say that the new one will come with an SD card?

I am just very happy to finally be getting one of these machines.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 580 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Noise resmed 10 autoset elite Galletto1959 0 476 05-19-2023, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Galletto1959

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.