Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Autoset restarting
S9 Autoset restarting
Hi,

I've been using the S9 Autoset since September 2013 and this has been the year where it has given me the most problems.

Firstly, the blower went out of control earlier this year. Sleeprider very kindly helped fix it.

And this month, the device has been restarting within a few minutes after I start it. It works fine for a few minutes then suddenly the airflow just stops. I then look at the device, and it is restarting. Fortunately it has only occurred shortly after I lie down and not while I'm asleep! It occurred about 10 times this month.

Has anyone else experienced similar occurrences? Does anyone how to resolve this issue?

Regards

kaywai
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Autoset restarting
How many hours do you have on that S9? The S9 has a coin-type battery in it. I am uncertain if its discharge will affect anything other than the date and time. Your CPAP could be literally worn out.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure auto start and stop are off. just to make sure that is not the cause.\
A chart showing this happenining may (or may not) provide a hint.

It may be time for you to consider a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2021, 10:11 AM)Gideon Wrote: Make sure auto start and stop are off.  just to make sure that is not the cause.\
A chart showing this happenining may (or may not) provide a hint.

It may be time for you to consider a replacement.

Hi Gideon,

I wasn't aware there was and auto start and stop. Where do i locate that function?

Also, where would i find a chart showing this happening. Would it show on Oscar?

Yeah. I might have to replace it. Looks like it's seen its best years but was just waiting for a comparison between Airsense 11 or Dreamchaser 2 to see which would be the better device/

Regards

Kay Wai
Post Reply Post Reply
NOT the DS2. PR has encrypted the data on the DS2 and we/you want that so that you can know what is going on.

DS2 has encrypted the detailed data on the SD card "so that you, the user must uti, IMHO this alone is a deal breaker. IMHO a machine I use MUST allow OSCAR to access the detailed data. A reply from a PR rep " I can say that with the DreamStation 2 machines, we have moved away from patients being able to read the SD cards themselves (the SD cards can still be read by your doctor and medical supply company though)."

I don't know if it has those capabilities (auto start/stop) look thru both the clinical and comfort menus.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 does have Smart Start. Its settings are located in the clinician menu.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Restarting CPAP jw421 15 785 02-05-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: jw421
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 17 1,375 09-09-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: jwest
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,863 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
Sad ASV keeps restarting Sleepinow 10 988 12-20-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 755 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.