Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Blower Motor
RE: S9 Blower Motor
Hope that's how it works, but won't receive new blower motor until Nov 6.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I had not realised that you had not yet received the new Motor.

Best of luck with it, and do please let us know how it went!

MoreBeers
Post Reply Post Reply
Received new motor 10/21/22.  This was actually quicker service from aliexpress than expected (est 11/06/22) in that I ordered the motor 10/11/22.  Motor works good and was easy to replace.  Since I am unable to reset time to 0.0 I just put a label on unit stating new motor at 23,723 hrs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2022, 10:33 AM)MoreBeers Wrote: How did it go?

Were you able to reset the Hours, or did they reset automatically once the new Blower Motor was fitted?

I gather the ResMed units have a chip on the Blower Motor that stores the hours, so I think the hours move with the Blower Motor.

Such as, for example, if fitting a used Blower Motor with 4,000 hours into another ResMed S10 with, say, 6,000 hours then, once fitted, in theory, the hours would then change from 6,000 to 4,000.

If that is how it works, then fitting a new Blower Motor with zero hours, should change the ResMed S10's hours back to zero.

No idea if anyone has done this yet.

MoreBeers

Hi there,

The Blower Motors are not fitted with a chip, so the hours would stay the same as recorded on the unit, even after replacing the Blower Motor.
I wonder if anyone knows how to reset the hours to Zero on an S9.

Edited: Just found this too ..... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ower-hours

To Check the Run Hours on an S9 ... First press the 'i' button, you will see the sleep report screen.
Then hold down both the silver rectangular buttons until the little wrench appears on the bottom line.
Then turn the knob to the right of those silver buttons ONE click--you will see a different screen.
Press the knob to select the screen, then you turn the knob until the 'run hours' line appears.

John vk3hjq Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello John!

I did wonder, because I cannot see any sign of a chip on the Blower unit. But have yet to take a motor apart to fully check.

I don't have one faulty enough to scrap, but may disassemble one that has known high hours and or is too dirty to use (I have a few used units, and would not re-use any with obviously dirty motors. Only those that look clean that I wash out with Isopropanol 99.9%).

So the hours look to be logged on the MotherBoard.

My main interest is for our own use, such as after fitting a new Blower, or if moving a Blower from one machine to another, I would want the hours to match the Blower.

I did wonder if the hours on a Blower moved with it if fitted to a different machine, but it sounds like they don't.

I may have one to test, which has a noisy Blower with known hours, and I have another Blower from an otherwise good looking machine that has suffered water damage that fried the MotherBoard, so I do not know the hours for that Blower.

If the hours change when doing that, I will update (may take me a while). I expect not but, if they do, I will let people know.

MoreBeers
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2022, 09:50 AM)MoreBeers Wrote: Hello John!

I did wonder, because I cannot see any sign of a chip on the Blower unit. But have yet to take a motor apart to fully check.

I don't have one faulty enough to scrap, but may disassemble one that has known high hours and or is too dirty to use (I have a few used units, and would not re-use any with obviously dirty motors. Only those that look clean that I wash out with Isopropanol 99.9%).

So the hours look to be logged on the MotherBoard.

My main interest is for our own use, such as after fitting a new Blower, or if moving a Blower from one machine to another, I would want the hours to match the Blower.

I did wonder if the hours on a Blower moved with it if fitted to a different machine, but it sounds like they don't.

I may have one to test, which has a noisy Blower with known hours, and I have another Blower from an otherwise good looking machine that has suffered water damage that fried the MotherBoard, so I do not know the hours for that Blower.

If the hours change when doing that, I will update (may take me a while). I expect not but, if they do, I will let people know.

MoreBeers

Yes the hours are recorded on a chip on the Main Board, nothing to do with the Blower Motor itself, so replacing the Blower Motor will make no difference to the recorded hours on the unit.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello John!

Many thanks, that does make better sense. I did think it would be logged on the MotherBoard, but had not seen it confirmed, either way, until now.

That is actually good to know, because I have been holding off playing with some of the used ResMed S10s I have, because I did not want to mess up the hours by accidentally swapping in a higher hours motor, so increasing the hours incorrectly and irreversibly on a lower hours machine, and then perhaps also triggering, say, the Hours Exceeded Warning (in case that shut down the machine, which I don't think it does, but wasn't 100% sure either way).

The first one I will swap is the burnt out machine's Motor into the one with a noisy Motor. That should make a working machine and, if the hours do change for any reason, I will update.

I also have a nice S10 For Her for my wife, that has high hours, and another machine that is scruffier, but has lower hours and what looks like a clean Motor, so those two will make, or should make, a good machine between them. Menu's are in French, which is a PITA but, still easy enough to understand.

It would be good to find a way to gain access to the MotherBoard configuration, I do have the interface, and am aware of the Airbreak hack (have that, but have never got around to trying it), but I don't think that helps in terms of getting at the standard configuration options.

That will need ResMed Service Centre Software of some sort, but it would be nice to be able to change Language, for example.

MoreBeers
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2022, 11:20 AM)MoreBeers Wrote: Hello John!

Many thanks, that does make better sense. I did think it would be logged on the MotherBoard, but had not seen it confirmed, either way, until now.

That is actually good to know, because I have been holding off playing with some of the used ResMed S10s I have, because I did not want to mess up the hours by accidentally swapping in a higher hours motor, so increasing the hours incorrectly and irreversibly on a lower hours machine, and then perhaps also triggering, say, the Hours Exceeded Warning (in case that shut down the machine, which I don't think it does, but wasn't 100% sure either way).

The first one I will swap is the burnt out machine's Motor into the one with a noisy Motor. That should make a working machine and, if the hours do change for any reason, I will update.

I also have a nice S10 For Her for my wife, that has high hours, and another machine that is scruffier, but has lower hours and what looks like a clean Motor, so those two will make, or should make, a good machine between them. Menu's are in French, which is a PITA but, still easy enough to understand.

It would be good to find a way to gain access to the MotherBoard configuration, I do have the interface, and am aware of the Airbreak hack (have that, but have never got around to trying it), but I don't think that helps in terms of getting at the standard configuration options.

That will need ResMed Service Centre Software of some sort, but it would be nice to be able to change Language, for example.

MoreBeers

Hi there,

The unit will not stop working after the "Motor Life Exceeded" message appears (S9 @ about 24000 hrs & AS10 @ about 22000 hrs) 

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks John.
I got to 22,100 hours with my S9E. Now have an S10 *for her* with clock showing a year's use. I was wondering if it would do as well. It'll probably outlive me.
John are you a ham radio operator?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2022, 12:20 PM)DaveL Wrote: Thanks John.
I got to 22,100 hours with my S9E.  Now have an S10 *for her* with clock showing a year's use.  I was wondering if it would do as well.  It'll probably outlive me.
John are you a ham radio operator?

Hi there,

Both use the same Blower motor, the trick is to keep the dust out.

Yes I am a Ham Radio operator.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 88 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,417 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 321 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,452 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 905 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,924 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,511 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.