Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Blower Motor
RE: S9 Blower Motor
I just ordered a motor for my A 10 on Aliexpress, This is the first time I bought anything from them.  There website and the way things work within sure doesn’t instill a lot of confidence in one’s soul.   I payed with PayPal so that’s some protection I guess.   Anyway, this is the only game in town if you want to replace your motor with the identical motor. Yep, everything comes from China.

My A10 is 4 yrs old and was making the typical whining noise, so I modified my nightstand that has a draw and stuck it in there. It actually solved the noise problem.  “  But “.    I knew that this was the beginning of the end………..So after reviewing a few utube videos, I removed the motor , cleaned the machine real good ,  I even used electrical spray cleaning solution in the motor and followed up with air drying with a small compressor.      Reassemble and the same whining noise.
“. It’s the bearings “.   The machine was still very clean before I did anything, the only noted sign of  dirt was on the fan blades, even the little foam piece was clean.  I did clean everything with alcohol and wipes, soaked some things in hot soapy water and air dried all parts.  So I think my total investment of a little less than $100 , I will end up with a new A10.   Now, let’s just hope that the seller can get to the post office and mail me my little motor with all the protesting going on over there about the lockdowns.  The clock is ticking.  This feels like online gambling!

And last but not least,, thanks to the OP …John vk3hjq  for being the one to figure out the source.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nightynite, I recently ordered one also and received it really fast, hope the same goes for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankee, Thanks. Your post help seal the deal in me taking the plunge with Aliexpress.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know how you made out.  I for one am was very pleased with the service and now my aircurve is running really quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I think it’s a smart move. Like you , I think my machine will be very quite again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update to post #41.

I received my new blower motor from Aliexpress. It took 15 days shipping. I installed it and now it’s like new, very quiet. Easy process it you can follow a video and are somewhat handy and have the ability to troubleshoot. I used a video on utube by “ grantsreviews” .

These blower motors are the exact ones that come in the Resmed a10 . Same manufacturer, same electrical connector. These are plug and play.

I’m going to buy one more and put it in my stash box.

The manufacturer says 10,000 hrs life expectancy on there spec. sheet so I know some go longer and some go shorter so I’m planning to have one in stock. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply

New blower on left. Old on right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nightynite, so glad you had no problems installing your the new motor.  I’m glad it’s nice and quiet.  Btw, I used the same video to install, really not hard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees123, Thanks, The 2nd time was a breeze, I had the video going but really didn’t need it to install the blower motor since I had did it before. The machine is like new now. While I was at it , I also put in a new air outlet, cleaned the silicone inlets/outlets and lube them with food grade silicone to insure they stay flexible and pliable. New tank/ hose and bam I have a new A10. His video is really a good one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would someone please send me the link to this motor by PM.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 88 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,416 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 320 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,451 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 905 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,924 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,510 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.