Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Blower Motor
RE: S9 Blower Motor
(12-23-2022, 06:17 AM)ST Dog Wrote: 5yrs at 8hrs a day = 14,610 hrs..

But as far as I know the the AS10 doesn't warn about hours until over 20,000.

Replacement Blower Motors Life Expectancy quoted @ 10000 hrs
10000 hours / 4 hours per night minimum = 2500 days.
2500 days = 6.8 years 

"Motor Life Exceeded" message on the AS10 displays after about 22000 hrs
"Motor Life Exceeded" message on the S9 displays after about 24000 hrs
& these both use the same blower motor.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2022, 01:18 AM)vk3hjq Wrote: "Motor Life Exceeded" message on the AS10 displays after about 22000 hrs
"Motor Life Exceeded" message on the S9 displays after about 24000 hrs
& these both use the same blower motor.

That was my point. Same motor different hours rating.

Do we think these replacements are not as good or just rated lower despite being just as good?

My concern is that hey are less quality and instead of 10k they only manage 5k before they drop below spec. And once out of spec, how would that affect therapy in a CPAP machine.

Would be nice if we could find items from the same manufacturer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2022, 07:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Nightynite, thanks for your effort. I received the links and plan to order a motor.  Really appreciate the efforts of John and other participants in this thread to help those of us that want to keep a Resmed machine operating.  This kind of self-help is what the forum is all about.

can you please msg me direct purchase link for this motor as I see couple of sellers on Aliexpress and want to avoid buying from wrong one.
tx
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2023, 04:59 PM)ST Dog Wrote: That was my point. Same motor different hours rating.

Do we think these replacements are not as good or just rated lower despite being just as good?

My concern is that hey are less quality and instead of 10k they only manage 5k before they drop below spec. And once out of spec, how would that affect therapy in a CPAP machine.

Would be nice if we could find items from the same manufacturer.

Good question, who would know, price usually dictates quality, but not always.
It depends on who is manufacturing them (Genuine/OEM/Aftermarket/Knockoffs).

What can i said but, “caveat emptor” Latin for “let the buyer beware.”

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Just thinking. . . Even 5k additional run hours is better than having a boat anchor.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2023, 05:46 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Just thinking. . .  Even 5k additional run hours is better than having a boat anchor.

No disagreement there. Even changing every 2-3 years beats a new machine with who knows what stupid changes (encrypted data anyone)

Just random thoughts as I've read recent posts here.

I just found it odd to only rate for 10k.

The the ResMed difference for ostensibly the same part added to the oddness.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

FYI:
Another store has appeared on AliExpress, it looks like the same company (same address, different name).
It will be interesting to see the longevity of these blower motors, I suppose only time will tell.

SHUMEI Micro High Pressure Blower Official Store
Resmed Cpap Motor Store

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You gotta figure, it's about $100 to order the motor and find out how long it lasts. The machines we are repairing have no value without the new motor, so risk/reward seems okay to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
I am happy to report that with the instruction in this thread and in the mentioned video, I was able to successfully source and replace the blower motor in my autoset10.  It has now gone back to being whisper quiet. My blower started to fail and get noisy at around 10,000 hours. I tried cleaning first but it kept making the kazoo noise and getting louder as time went on. My DME provider wanted at least $500 and six to eight weeks to get my unit repaired. The blower motor, ordered from aliexpress, arrived 6 days after I ordered. It took about 30 minutes to disassemble, clean and reassemble with the new blower. Very happy with the outcome. Hopefully this blower will get me through the end of the year, at which time I'll be eligible for another new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,908 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 278 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,264 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 815 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,883 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,320 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor? texquad 5 919 09-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.