Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Cellular Modem
S9 Cellular Modem
Has anyone tried or been able to access the cellular setup and intercept data that way rather than moving the sd card around?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Cellular Modem
That modem data from my understanding is strictly compliance data.

There is a flashair card that can be used to read the data so as to not move the card around which is what I use. And there was a bluetooth option that I saw somewhere as well.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
the respiratory therapist who gave me the s9 indicated that they would be able to get *all* the data and that the doctor would be able to review it. however she was certainly not techie
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what the ResMed "cloud" program uses, so it's at least got nightly averages for AHI and some other data.

There was a listing of what you could read from the wireless stuff on a ResMed site somewhere. I don't have it handy right now, but I think it was only nightly averages, 90%, etc, no finer time resolution.

It wasn't 100% clear whether the modem didn't send anything else or if the "cloud" servers didn't keep the data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check this thread maybe it will help you;

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=s9+cloud
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
If they actually cared about your health, they would ask you to bring the card in and discuss it with you, not trust a cellular modem thingy sent to a cloud thingy.

That's my opinion.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 06:44 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If they actually cared about your health, they would ask you to bring the card in and discuss it with you, not trust a cellular modem thingy sent to a cloud thingy.

That's my opinion.

If you're not complaining, and your numbers look good, the cloud thingy is probably pretty good.

They really do need to be ready to look at the SD card data and properly evaluate it when the need arises, which I think most of them are too stupid or lazy to do. It would probably be a good idea to look at the card once or twice after starting therapy at least, and maybe once a year or two after that.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
my dr appt which includes bringing in the whole shebang is in mid december. i am still pretty new on this thing...

The data kept in the cloud could very well (almost certainly does) have levels of security on it, and it's my best guess that it depends on who logs in what it shows - *all* the data is such a small file that I can't imagine them not grabbing it all. The website info most likely tells what can be seen at the lowest security setting. Would be nice if they setup a portal and gave access to everything, but from what I have been able to find online, what they have is different outfits selling that as a service along with interpretation and compliance monitoring. Bet they hate SleepyHead Big Grin Unfortunately for them, apnea appears to be a common theme among nerds Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,795 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 261 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Airsense 10 - no more cellular signal? goadventurer 13 12,871 08-12-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: CanadianClub007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.