Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Data Card
RE: S9 Data Card
(01-28-2014, 07:21 PM)apw5746 Wrote: Can any SD card be used, or does the place that supplied me the machine have to provide a specific one? I'm retired military and can get a 1 GB SD cheaper than my CPAP supplier will charge Medicare, which is a laugh.

Officially, according to the ResMed website:

Which SD cards can be used with S9 therapy devices?
Use only genuine ResMed cards. The only recommended SD (Secure Digital) cards are those supplied by ResMed with the S9 therapy device or available as an accessory. These include Transcend, SanDisk and Silicon Power 1GB and 2GB SD cards.

It is odd that they say to use only ResMed supplied cards -- but then go on to say SanDisk 2GB there...

edit: check the Supplier links on this board -- the card goes for $14.95
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 07:21 PM)apw5746 Wrote: Can any SD card be used, or does the place that supplied me the machine have to provide a specific one? I'm retired military and can get a 1 GB SD cheaper than my CPAP supplier will charge Medicare, which is a laugh.

I read a manufacturer's comment that unapproved SD cards don't necessarily have the safety requirements for medical equipment. IIRC, the main problem was that when you touched the back of the card to remove it from the machine, the spacing between the electrical components and your finger was not large enough to meet safety requirement for medical equipment.

The manufacturer only approves SD cards that have been verified to have the required spacing for electrical safety.

I don't have a link or exact quote because I don't remember where I saw it.

I'm personally not that worried about it, but make your own decision.

Under normal conditions, the voltages involved are low, you don't actually touch the wiring, etc. However, the safety standards often require extra margins of safety, and require multiple levels of safety.

Many people use generic SD cards. There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern of problems with generic vs. the manufacturer's cards. There are some failures with any type of card.

It may be hard to find1 or 2 GB SD cards these days. SDHC cards seem to work as well as SD cards. The machine won't use the extra space on the card, unfortunately, but an 8 GB card will work as well as a 1 GB or 2 GB card.

Manufacturers are now producing a new SDXC type of card. I haven't heard of anyone trying an SDXC card.

Try it, and at worst, you're out the cost of a card. Nobody's reported an SD card damaging their machine.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think there 2GB, At least mine is.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 726 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.