Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Data Card
S9 Data Card
I am having a problem with my S9 data card. I have an Apple and used it with the SleepyHead software. SleepyHead advises you lock the card when using with an Apple computer. I downloaded my data and unlocked the card. When I inserted the data card back into the Autoset it says my card is still locked. any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Data Card
(10-20-2013, 04:11 PM)hoppy49 Wrote: I am having a problem with my S9 data card. I have an Apple and used it with the SleepyHead software. SleepyHead advises you lock the card when using with an Apple computer. I downloaded my data and unlocked the card. When I inserted the data card back into the Autoset it says my card is still locked. any suggestions?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ill+locked

see if this thread helps you. Welcome to the forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the link. I did as suggested, locked and unlocked it and it finally accepted the card. Again thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2013, 04:41 PM)hoppy49 Wrote: Thank you for the link. I did as suggested, locked and unlocked it and it finally accepted the card. Again thanks.

Glad it helped! Your welcome! What we are here for is to try and help each other
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hoppy49,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I was the only one with that problem. I would lock and unlock and insert into the machine 5 or 10 times before the machine would believe it was unlocked. Very frustrating and one of the reasons I am getting a new machine.

(10-20-2013, 04:11 PM)hoppy49 Wrote: I am having a problem with my S9 data card. I have an Apple and used it with the SleepyHead software. SleepyHead advises you lock the card when using with an Apple computer. I downloaded my data and unlocked the card. When I inserted the data card back into the Autoset it says my card is still locked. any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2013, 10:08 PM)bwexler Wrote: I thought I was the only one with that problem. I would lock and unlock and insert into the machine 5 or 10 times before the machine would believe it was unlocked. Very frustrating and one of the reasons I am getting a new machine.

The slider on the data card does not lock or unlock the card. It is just a tab that can be moved into the lock or unlock position. The tab mechanically activates a microswitch in the card reader and that microswitch determines whether the card reader is write-enabled or not.

Your card reader microswitch might be on the edge of tolerance. Jiggling the card from side to side might trigger the microswitch. Alternately, a thin film of cement on the edge of the card slider might make it work more reliably.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, some cards have a loose slider.

Merely inserting them can cause enough friction to move it to the locked position.

High quality 'scotch' tape works, if you are careful, to hold the slider in the right position.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd not get another machine. I'd get another card.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can any SD card be used, or does the place that supplied me the machine have to provide a specific one? I'm retired military and can get a 1 GB SD cheaper than my CPAP supplier will charge Medicare, which is a laugh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 168 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 502 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 668 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 723 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.