Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 EPR Settings - Any Thoughts
RE: S9 EPR Settings - Any Thoughts
(10-19-2014, 06:02 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 11:39 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I see on your sidebar your min pressure is set to 5. If that's so, then for you there is no difference between 1, 2 or 3 because the lowest the machine will go is 4...

That is partly true. The lowest a machine will go when set to a minimum pressure of 5 is 5, even though if the min is set to 4, the machine can go as low as 4. The whole idea of setting a min pressure is so that the machine can't go below it, even if the possible setting range is 4-20. EPR does not violate the min setting.
. . .

Hi TyroneShoes,
I don't have a manometer, so I haven't checked this, but my pressure range is 10 - 20, and I am running EPR 3. When I pull the SD card and look at the Pressure graph in SleepyHead, there are 2 lines: Pressure and EPAP. The EPAP line is a constant 3cm below the Pressure line. So every time I turn on the machine, Pressure starts at 10, and EPAP is at 7. Every time the pressure changes in response to events, flow limitation or whatever, the corresponding change occurs in the EPAP line - always 3cm less than the pressure.

You should be able to confirm this on your own machine: If you aren't using EPR already, turn on EPR to at least 1, then look at SH the next day. You should see an EPR line that is below your pressure line by the EPR setting. If you set EPR greater than 1, the difference will vary, since the machine cannot deliver less than 4cm. But whenever the pressure is 7 or greater, the EPR line should be a fixed amount below the pressure line.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,742 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,506 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,567 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 831 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 420 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 401 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.