Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Elite EPR Settings
RE: S9 Elite EPR Settings
I was obviously unclear in that both Pressure and Leak have three separate determinations. You provided those for Leak, but I would also like these numbers for Pressure as well.

From what I see, you are to be congratulated on your AHI. While 0 would be perfect (and probably unattainable by anyone with SDB, anything under 5 is good.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2012, 03:32 PM)JumpStart Wrote: I was obviously unclear in that both Pressure and Leak have three separate determinations. You provided those for Leak, but I would also like these numbers for Pressure as well.

From what I see, you are to be congratulated on your AHI. While 0 would be perfect (and probably unattainable by anyone with SDB, anything under 5 is good.

I can't see any data for 3 seperate determinations for pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 Elite is a constant pressure machine not an auto so it only display the set pressure (one).
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2012, 03:32 PM)JumpStart Wrote: I was obviously unclear in that both Pressure and Leak have three separate determinations. You provided those for Leak, but I would also like these numbers for Pressure as well.

An Elite is not an APAP. It is straight CPAP only.

It has only 1 set pressure & not a range as does the APAP (AutoSet).

EDITED TO ADD:
Damm it!
I heard the beep while I was posting my reply.
It was Zonk, who had already beat me to the answer.
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2012, 04:07 PM)Steven Wrote: EDITED TO ADD:
Damm it!
I heard the beep while I was posting my reply.
It was Zonk, who had already beat me to the answer.

I think Australia has faster Internet, overall... it's just an unfair advantage, plain and simple. Couple that with Gazby's being 6 hours ahead of the U.S. (in Scotland) he's got an unfair time advantage... heck, us slow-speed lowly Americans just don't stand a chance. Bigwink Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2012, 03:42 PM)Bompa Wrote:

I can't see any data for 3 seperate determinations for pressure.

Subsequent posters have pointed out that your machine would not have these figures, something I overlooked.

Based on what I see, the only - and probably minor at that - issue I could see would be your mask. Obviously your AHI is good, although I am sure that you would like it to be better. The suggestion regarding the cushion replacement seems to be the easiest and cheapest to check.

Do you feel any leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2012, 02:52 PM)Bompa Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 02:08 PM)JumpStart Wrote: Bomba, when you first open ResScan, after selecting the patient and downloading any data, and selecting a day to review, you will normally see the data under the Statistics tab. Under Viewing Range on the top of that page (below the tabs), you can select a period of days. Pick any recent 10 or so days for which you have data, and you will see them all highlighted in the Browser on the left pane of your screen. Then look at the data highlighted in blue on the main screen, which will include Usage, AHI & AI, Leak and Pressure. What numbers does it show for AHI, and, for Pressure and Leak, the median, 95th percentile, and maximum?

For the period 3/4/2012 to 3/14/2012 the numbers are:
AHI - 2.7
Pressure - 12.0
Leak:
Median 0.0
95th Percentile - 27.6
Maximum 34.8

Am I expecting too much from my machine etc.? I am striving to obtain an AHI <5 every night and 0 Leaks! Is this obtainable or do we all have bad nights when our AHI's and leaks are higher than we like?
I also hope my questions are not too far out of line. I get little or no help from the professionals at my end. Thanks to all here I am understanding things a little better.
THANKS ALL
Post Reply Post Reply
Bompa, on further thought, I would investigate experimenting with a different mask. Your leaks seem higher than they should be, and the quickest way to reduce those would be to see if you can get a better mask fit. If your current mask is adjusted properly, and you still have those leaks, a different mask seems to be the answer. Perhaps where you had your sleep study performed could assist in adjustment of your current mask. They provide that service where I had my study. They even give you the opportunity to try other masks.

Regarding your last post: Recognizing that I am not a medical profession, I believe that an AHI under 5 should be expected and regularly attainable. I expect many on apneaboard have AHIs of <1 or <1.5, and I expect to get there as well. I do not believe 0 leaks should ever be expected. Among other things, most, probably all, masks have some intentional leak, and simply by the nature of things, there will also always be unintentional leaks. And undoubtedly, we all have bad nights.

But I agree with your efforts completely. I will never be satisfied if I simply feel better than I did before therapy, nor, IMHO, do I think anyone should. If I am saddled with sleeping with a (in my case) full face mask for the rest of my life, I want to be absolutely sure that I am getting the most bang for my buck - that the usage of the mask, machine, etc. is providing the best possible therapy available. And that determination can only come through care and attention, such as you are now giving. But then, I have never felt the need to accept what was,in my opinion,less than a best effort, whether from myself or others. Keep working to improve what your results are, and you will undoubtedly obtain the best results possible. And then you truly can feel better in every way!
Post Reply Post Reply
The EPR on my Resmed S9 Escape doesn't seem to be working at all. It's just a steady blast of air, no variation based on my own breathing. Is there a setting to address this or do I just have a defective machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the clinician's manual? You can use it to get into the 'secret' section and find out if it is even on.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 831 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 581 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Noise resmed 10 autoset elite Galletto1959 0 476 05-19-2023, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Galletto1959

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.