Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Elite erased my SD card
S9 Elite erased my SD card
Well, maybe a bit my fault, but... When I put the SD into the CPAP last night, some message appeared on the screen. I didn't have my glasses on, but such has happened lots in the past when I forget to move the card switch to write mode. So I took the card out and checked the switch.

When I put it back in, there was another message with the yes/no that you have to answer. Always in the past, the answer has been yes--such as when it had data not on the card and wanted to write to it. Not having glasses on, I answered yes, and it was taking some time (unusual) got the glsses from other room, and saw the message on the screen was "Erasing SD."

Great.

What possibly could have happened that made the machine want to erase the card.

Oh, Doc appt in one week, and all past data gone. it is on the computer, but he reads the card with his software.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Elite erased my SD card
There are a number of reasons the machine might want to format the card. However the machine stores most of the data internally (everything except the detailed flow data) and will re-write the card when it's inserted. So nothing of great value is lost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did that to me once when I fumbled the insertion.
(I also have the glasses issue -- and especially need them upon first awakening.)
Compliance data out to 1 year is on the machine and will be re-written to the SD card.
The high rate flow and pressure data is only kept on the card -- and for only 7 days.
So, you have a week to build that back up.
IIRC -- 30 days of semi-detailed data (lacking the high flow rate) are on the card and will be lost.
So, it depends on what your doc looks for on the card -- if simply compliance; perhaps it's no big deal.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of us, including me, have experienced this and worried that the doctor will disapprove. But worry is not necessary because, as others have mentioned, the device will reformat and rewrite the card with most of the data. The doctor will see the compliance data required to keep the payments coming and all will be well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not in the least concerned with compliance. I am still having clusters with major sequences of apnea events--averaging over one cluster per night, some nights with three clusters. I have wrong settings or wrong machine or both-- and need the doc to see the data and make changes. I need diagnostic data; compliance is no priority at all to me.

It said ERASE the card. And the bytes on the SD are now WAY lower than before--even after it has been through another night--which would give it time to write the stored data to the SD>

Is there any way to have the data in ResScan write back onto the card?
Post Reply Post Reply
ref see

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...6#pid80036

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...7#pid80037
Post Reply Post Reply
No, there is no "mapping" from the way ResScan stores data back to the way it is on the SD card.
When I first started out, I would copy the SD card to a folder named by date; and use Sleepy Head to then read from that file.
That would have permitted me to copy data back to the card.

I'm afraid you're hosed.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2014, 07:29 AM)jcarerra Wrote: What possibly could have happened that made the machine want to erase the card.

Oh, Doc appt in one week, and all past data gone. it is on the computer, but he reads the card with his software.
Something on the card, S9 did not like, try lock the card before put in the card reader and unlock before put in the S9

Once you put the card in the S9, S9 write therapy and compliance data on the card up to 365 days (this data can be viewed in ResScan, not SH)
Detailed data including flow data is lost and not retrievable as written directly on the card and not stored in the S9

Take your laptop with you so the doctor can look at the data or prints reports includes detailed data
Post Reply Post Reply
zonk, see the two links I posted earlier. The cause and semi fix is explained.

Don't EVER stick the ResMed SD card into a Win 8 computer with write protect off
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2014, 06:03 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Don't EVER stick the ResMed SD card into a Win 8 computer with write protect off
I've learned the hard way
One bitten, twice shy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 229 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 581 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Noise resmed 10 autoset elite Galletto1959 0 476 05-19-2023, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Galletto1959
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.