Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Humidity Levels
S9 Humidity Levels
Hi all, I'm new here but have used treatment for many years. I have just gotten a Resmed S9 VPAP Auto machine with the H5i humidifier. I live in Colorado where the air is very dry. Our dry air leads to quick evaporation of the humidifier water. I can get 8 hours of humidity at level 4.5 before the tank runs dry (max level is 6.0) but I still feel a little dry during sleep. I have the normal slimline tubing.

I would like to increase the humidity level to 5.0 or 5.5 but at that level I will get only 6.5 to 7 hours of humidity. Short of waking up and replenishing the tank during the night, is there any way to deal with this issue?

Thanks
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Humidity Levels
the best I can think of is to add a second humidifier to the room so that the air coming into the humidifier is not so dry
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
As suggested a room humidifier would do wonders.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board, stevecatts

I find with the heated hose, uses less water. If you're using the regular slim line hose, try a hose cover or place the hose under bedcovers
You'll need check leak rates on the machine sleep report and on the SD card, large mask leak or/and mouth leak causes the water to run out quicker. As you're using nasal mask, if having mouth leaks, chinstrap can helps with that
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2015, 03:23 PM)zonk Wrote: Welcome to Apnea Board, stevecatts

I find with the heated hose, uses less water.

My feeling is the same. When I go to my heated hose, I use less water to keep myself from drying out. I have not done any real testing it just appears that way.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi stevecatts,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a heated hose to see if that helps, or, a hose cover for your regular SlimLine hose, found at CPAP suppliers, (check out the suppliers list, here on this board at the top of each page.) Or, if you don’t want to buy one of those, you can take some old socks, cut out the toes, and sew them together, making a tube out of the socks. Put a rubber band at each end to hold the tube you made in place.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 238 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Dreamstation 2 humidity controls Lesgreen 3 106 04-11-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Lesgreen
  [CPAP] new AirCurve 10 does not give enough humidity FHTC 8 120 04-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 360 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,871 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 786 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,225 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.