Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 - New Machine - Old Data Card. Any Glitches?
Question 
S9 - New Machine - Old Data Card. Any Glitches?
I just got a replacement for my "moaning" S9 from my DME. I asked if there would be any issues if I continue using the data card from the old machine. The DME "thought" that installing the old card in a new machine would wipe the prior data.

A new card came with the new machine, so I have a way to not loose my prior data if that data would be deleted from the old card by a new machine. However, continuing to use the old card and having a continuum of prior history on same would seem preferable (?).

I have both ResMed and Sleepyhead data programs in my computer, though I have stopped updating the ResMed, as Sleepyhead shows me what I want to know and is much more user friendly. Mucho kudos and thanks to Mark Watkins, the Sleepyhead author!

One of the possible issues with switching cards or machines is that both data programs report the model and serial number of the machine in use, and I would like to know how a new machine and serial number will be dealt with by the programs, particularly Sleepyhead.

So, bottom line(s):
1. Will prior data be wiped if a current card is used in a new S9 machine
2. Any other issues with using an existing card with a new machine or with the programs themselves?
3. Anything I didn't think of?

Thanks for your time,
Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 - New Machine - Old Data Card. Any Glitches?
I'll recommend new card, new machine. That way, there are no questions about it working.

Your software may have problems no matter how you do it. Try it, and if necessary, create a new user. It will be inconvenient for a while, but after a while, you won't really care about the old data any more.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new S9 wants to wipe the old card, but I can't say for sure.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2012, 05:13 AM)archangle Wrote: ........, but after a while, you won't really care about the old data any more......

I have noticed (in myself), that as someone else said, new users tend to be obsessive about all things CPAP, particularly the data. But as you so wisely say, after a week or so, your prior data is old news. So, I've started with the new card, and will contact the ResMed folks for the answer.

Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2012, 11:46 PM)Dennis of the NorthWet Wrote:
(10-20-2012, 05:13 AM)archangle Wrote: ........, but after a while, you won't really care about the old data any more......

I have noticed (in myself), that as someone else said, new users tend to be obsessive about all things CPAP, particularly the data. But as you so wisely say, after a week or so, your prior data is old news. So, I've started with the new card, and will contact the ResMed folks for the answer.

Dennis

Perhaps bad wording on my part. The data will still be there, but you might have to change users to look at it. You won't need to look at it every night.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2012, 05:13 AM)archangle Wrote: I'll recommend new card, new machine. That way, there are no questions about it working.

Your software may have problems no matter how you do it. Try it, and if necessary, create a new user. It will be inconvenient for a while, but after a while, you won't really care about the old data any more. .......

I used the new card and have subsequently downloaded two days data to both ResScan and Sleepyhead with no issues. The programs logged the new machine serial number and other than Sleepyhead saying that I averaged 13:08 hours of sleep on the 6 month and year average, everything seems to have carried on normally.

Have yet to contact ResMed about what would happen if I used the old card in the new machine.

BTW, the new machine makes the same noises as the "old" one it replaced. Kind of a whistling moan on exhalation. More annoying for the wife than myself. She thought it was a train whistle first time she heard it ;' >

Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine started sounding like a sick duck last night. I turned it off then back on but it continued. I checked the hoses then pushed down on the humidifier lid. The noise stopped. This is the third time it has done this. The lid decides to open. All three times, I had not opened it in several days so it's not like I hadn't closed it all the way just prior. Maybe it gets lonely and feels unloved.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2012, 09:52 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Mine started sounding like a sick duck last night.

Uh oh... not good. Are you any closer to the point at which you can upgrade to the S9 AutoSet?

Inquiring minds want to know... Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Every time I have money set aside for it, something comes up. Like new shoes for the truck. A broken tooth. Etc.

We've gotten ahead on everything and as long as nothing breaks down, I will be getting in the beginning of November.

I am sorely tempted to get the Respironics.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2012, 02:41 AM)Dennis of the NorthWet Wrote: Have yet to contact ResMed about what would happen if I used the old card in the new machine.
you can reformat the card and if the machine read the card then should be alright but just guessing

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2012, 01:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I am sorely tempted to get the Respironics.

You know how much I like mine!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erasing data on machine sleepingbetterinFl 8 221 03-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 536 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,157 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 504 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 671 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.