Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Noise
S9 Noise
I've had the S9 unit for about 6 months and have had no problems. Recently the unit has become noisy with a kind of whistling noise upon exhalation. I've changed the air filter but it still is noisy. Sounds like it's deep in the machine. Keeps me awake. Ugh. Any thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Noise
(04-20-2015, 12:13 PM)snorer131 Wrote: I've had the S9 unit for about 6 months and have had no problems. Recently the unit has become noisy with a kind of whistling noise upon exhalation. I've changed the air filter but it still is noisy. Sounds like it's deep in the machine. Keeps me awake. Ugh. Any thoughts.

It has a 2 year warranty, so it sounds like it's time to bring it in for service.

The only two reasons that come to mind are that something got sucked up into the blower, or something is broken/out of place. In any case, it's not something you would want to do yourself, while it's still under warranty.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snorer131,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There are a couple threads here on the board about S9 noise.
If you look under "Possibly related threads", you will find them.
Edit: Here are the links to these threads I mentioned: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-S9-making-noise
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-ResMed-S9-Noise End edit.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of the S-9s have a habit of making a tiny, very very slight noise upon exhale. No big whoop if that is what it is.

I did have one (still do, don't use it any more) that started with a louder growl which I presumed was a bearing starting to make noise, meaning a bearing that was failing. It only had 1800 hours TTAF, but I had bought it used and it was long out of warranty. Resmed will not sell replacement parts, even to certified repair shops, so I am SOL. I guess I may find another used one that has something else wrong and maybe make a Frankenpap. Oh, well.

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: Recently the unit has become noisy with a kind of whistling noise upon exhalation. I've changed the air filter but it still is noisy. Sounds like it's deep in the machine. Keeps me awake. Ugh. Any thoughts.

I know that sound well ! Noticed if you exhale slowly you won't make that sound . Found I go to bed totally relax then mask up and turn on machine I don't get the whistle. Breath hard get the whistle. funny part is not all machines do it . Almost sounds like exhalation pressure is bucking the turbine . Have a S9 Vpap with about 160 hours on it , It does it . have a S9 autoset with about 570hr it doesn't .
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem with this machine. Took off humidifier and hose and filter. By covering the outlet I can determine the noise is coming from the motor itself. I can not figure how to get the machine apart to get to the fan but feel if I could get to the bearing with a little oil I could at least get a little reduction in the noise. I guess the next step is repair shop. The unit is about three years old and very expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 34 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 111 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 331 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 578 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 329 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster
  Airmini noise question sfr79 37 19,891 01-10-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: PlasticOwl8474

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.