Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 SD Card Q&A
S9 SD Card Q&A
http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/a...dQandA.pdf

This Q&A has been developed in response to a number of issues raised in relation to the insertion and removal of SD cards for S9 devices.

Inserting the SD card
When should I insert the SD card?
The recommended time to insert the SD card is while the device has no power connected or is powered and is not delivering therapy.

How do I know whether I have inserted the SD card successfully?
A message saying "Reading SD card" is displayed on the device.

What happens if I insert the SD card after the therapy has started?
The SD card will not be detected until therapy has stopped.
When therapy is stopped, the "Reading SD card" message is displayed.
Only the summary data, and no detailed data, will be saved on the SD card for the session.

What happens if I insert the SD card after the therapy has finished? (e.g. therapy was run on the device overnight, and you insert the SD card the next morning)
The SD card is detected and a message saying "Reading SD card" is displayed.
Only the summary data, and no detailed data, will be saved on the SD card from the previous session.

What happens if I insert an SD card that has previously been used for another device?
On inserting the card, a message saying "Invalid SD card, erase card data?" is displayed

If you press “Yes”, all data on the SD card will be erased. A message "Erasing SD card data" is displayed. Any summary data currently on the flow generator will then be copied to the SD card after it has been erased. There will be no detailed data.

If you press “No”, a message saying "Please remove SD card" is displayed. You will not be able to start therapy until this message is cleared. Remove the SD card to clear this message and enable the device to start therapy.

What happens if I insert an SD card that has previously been used for a computer, and has other files written to it (i.e. folders, or files written by the computer it was used in)?

On inserting the card, a message saying "Invalid SD card, erase card data?" is displayed

If you press “Yes”, all data on the SD card will be erased. A message saying "Erasing SD card data" is displayed. Any summary data currently on the device is copied to the SD card after it has been erased. No detailed data will be saved.

If you press “No”, a message saying "Please remove SD card" is displayed.
Remove the SD card to clear this message and enable the device to start therapy.

Removing the SD card
When should I remove the SD card from the device?

The recommended time to remove the SD card from the device is at least two minutes after stopping therapy.

The summary data is saved on the SD card. Detailed data for the last thirty calendar days of usage, and high resolution data for the last seven calendar days of usage is saved on the SD card.

What happens if I remove the SD card from the device less than two minutes after stopping therapy?

The summary data may have a missing mask off event, making the data in ResScan appear incomplete.
Detailed and high resolution data may be missing from the last minute of therapy.
You may also corrupt the SD card.

What happens if I remove the SD card from the device during the therapy?

The summary data may have a missing mask off event, making the summary data in ResScan appear incomplete for the most recent session.

Re-inserting the SD card into the device while it is in standby will re-write the missing summary data.

Detailed and high resolution data is recorded until the time that the SD card was removed.

What happens if I remove the SD card from the device while the "Reading SD card" message is displayed on the LCD screen?
The card may be corrupted and may not be recognised by ResScan.

Therapy data card FAQs
http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/sup...-faqs.html

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 SD Card Q&A
You need to make a wiki page sir.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

I'm not wiki editor, can be added to the S9 relevant wiki
Post Reply Post Reply
We need a "Zonk's Tips and Tricks" page or a "Zonk's Links" page, or maybe both...

Zonk, if you want to start a new thread like that in the Advisory Members forum, where you can add a new post on a particular subject every so often with your links, tips or whatever, I can transfer that to a "Zonk's Tips" article on our Wiki if you want. Just let me know...

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2015, 04:07 PM)zonk Wrote: Removing the SD card
When should I remove the SD card from the device?

The recommended time to remove the SD card from the device is at least two minutes after stopping therapy.

The summary data is saved on the SD card. Detailed data for the last thirty calendar days of usage, and high resolution data for the last seven calendar days of usage is saved on the SD card.

What happens if I remove the SD card from the device less than two minutes after stopping therapy?

The summary data may have a missing mask off event, making the data in ResScan appear incomplete.
Detailed and high resolution data may be missing from the last minute of therapy.
You may also corrupt the SD card.

At least two whole minutes! Wow!
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SuperSleeper
Thank you for the kind offer

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.